Laptop Broke! =(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ric2k6

Solid State Member
Well... Last night i was on my laptop just talking on msn i then turned my laptop off.. like usual. Now i try and start it up it comes up with a screen giving options start in safe mode etc and none of them work it shows the loading bar for windows then the screen goes black and stays that way. I have tried installing windows again and the installation always stops at the same point. Any help would be appreciated.

Richard

well its when i press enter to install windows.. the bar at the bottom comes up looking for previous versions of windows or something like that then doesnt change.

Ric2k6 said:
well its when i press enter to install windows.. the bar at the bottom comes up looking for previous versions of windows or something like that then doesnt change.

I suggest doing a search for Drive fitness test. it is a harddrive scanner that you can burn to cd and boot off of it. I bet your harddrive is messed up. at the point in install you are speaking of is when windows is analyzing your drive .

Were would i actually get that from.. and would it help with the problem or just tell me its screwed up?

dude hook that hard drive up to a desktop with the desktop hard drive in and go to command prompt in start menu type in Chkdsk D: or whatever the laptop drive is and check for viruses cause my aunts computer did that and i ran a virus scanner and ran chkdsk and she is having no problems at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom