Ram for xmas...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimBlanchard

Daemon Poster
currently in my rig i have 2*512 of corsiar value ram in my pc. I would like another 2*512 for xmas...How do i dertime the speed of my ram so i can make sure they are compatable.

Also would it be ok to add just a gig of good ram to my gig of value ram

Thanks for your help

TB

CPU-Z from www.cpuid.com

You can add premium RAM to value stuff but it will be underclocked to the speed of the slowest stick - both timings and speed.

edit: i found my ram speed but havent found many items with my ram speed

(DDR2-SDRAM PC2-4300 (266 MHz)

could you please help me find some for <£90 (uk only)

Thanks

ok i found out my ram speepd is ddr2 pc4300 will all ddr2 ram work with my system or only pc4300 ddr2 ram

thanks for your help

with that board you cannot use both ddr and ddr2 at the same time.

instead of getting more ram try getting a new mobo like the gigabyte ds3. try and sell you mobo for a little but of money and get some DDR2 ram

Why has DDR come into this? Why does he need to spend more money on a new board?

Any DDR2 RAM will work. It will just be underclocked to the slowest stick.

it clearly says under specifications for that board (if it is the board im thinking of)

that you can use either the 2 DDR slots or the 2 DDR2 slots but not both at the same time

What Fade2black is trying to say I think is that the mobo only has room for 2 DDR2 and 2 DDR memory sticks, therefore if he wants to get more DDR ram he either has to get 2x1GB or get new board.
Did I get it right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom