new build...somethings wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoLiMiT

Beta member
I put this rig together yesterday, and it turns on but for only about for a few mins then shuts down.....i can't install windows nor stay in bio's to long because of the shut downs..... does anyone know whats going on here or how to fix this?..........here are the specs

E6300 C2D
GA-965G-DS3
Corsair XMS2 Twin2x ddr2 675(2 x 512)
Evga 7600 GT KO (PCI-E)
Maxtor Sata Ultra 200GB
CoolMax Taurus 550W PSU
Thermaltake Damier V5000c

thanks for any info

My first thought is that the power supply is suspect. If you can get it tested, that would be good.

Second thought is RAM.

Keep us posted!

Also check to make sure the heatsync on the cpu is in good contact with the Cpu. Because it will shut down from heat also.

it was the heatsink...... , the clips weren't properly pushed into the board.... i reapplied as5 and it came on with no shut downs to date. Speedfan says im at mobo 33c and proc 35-40c, although coretemps program states 50c/50c are those acceptable temps for mobo and cpu? also one thing is makeing me question the powersupply.....everytime i start the pc, the psu comes on then real fast like goes idle or maybe off then really fast comes on and stable......like its priming itself up or something i made sure the connector was in good.

anyways thanks for the help guys:D

NoLiMiT said:
it was the heatsink...... , the clips weren't properly pushed into the board.... i reapplied as5 and it came on with no shut downs to date. Speedfan says im at mobo 33c and proc 35-40c, although coretemps program states 50c/50c are those acceptable temps for mobo and cpu? also one thing is makeing me question the powersupply.....everytime i start the pc, the psu comes on then real fast like goes idle or maybe off then really fast comes on and stable......like its priming itself up or something i made sure the connector was in good.
anyways thanks for the help guys:D

the "reving" up you are hearing from the PSU is cause the motherboard is controlling the fan based on the system temp. it revs up then slow down cause the temp is low enough that it doesnt need to be on full.

is that supposed to happen right when i push the power button? its like this......push power.......psu comes on and then off in a split second...then second later comes on and stays on

like vroom/off /vroooooooooooooooooooom <--- my best psu sound lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom