The computer wont start up?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
how hard is it safe to press the ram? im really worried i pressed harder and harder and it wont snap in

when u say graphics card its the same ans video card right? can u snap in one side of the ram at a time or it has to be both at same time?

ok for the RAM place it in the slot first them press down on both corners at the same time now if it feels nasty and nothing clicking turn it around and try the other way make sure the white clips are still in the out position.

and the reason i wanted your motherboard make etc is so i can help find a graphics card theres different ones according to the type of slot on your motherboard so not all ones will work.

can i really not snap them in myself? im thinking of pushing really hard but its not working lol

ok now when i turn on my computer its not even beeping anymore... but still nothing shows? so its not No Power, Loose Card, or Short?

i might as well try to put the rams in again and yes the fan is spinning and the powerlight is on and the monitor is on but getting no signal it says...

oh in that case it most likly is the graphics card :) theres power so thats a good sign the no signal just suggests the graphics card has died or a small very slim chance that the cable isnt working but thats very unlikly.

so you left it out? ok so when you put it back beeps start? if so then that`ll be the problem.

Now as I said before there are different slots for cards depending on your motherboard theres:

PCI (not likely your card because 2002 is recent)

AGP(could be this but theres different versions which is helpful to know)

PCI - express ( dont think it will be this as wasn't around till after 2002)

If you dont play games then you could get a card very cheap not sure how much in $ but probably about $30-60.

Now im off to bed its 2am here and I have work tomorrow, post back and i`ll reply as soon as I can or someone else will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom