The computer wont start up?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay i already removed both rams and put them back in so it has to be the video card or my computer is broken right?

arent there only 2 slots of ram disks? i just removed and put the video card back in since it didnt seem to belong anywhere else and for the ram they hve to face a certian way?

some have 4 ram slots but you would try both ram slots using 1 stick each time. And yes the graphics card cant go anywhere else so the only way to test is to lend one or buy one :(. I cant seem to find any specs for that IBM pc...any numbers on the motherboard?

Also the connector on the graphics card do you see one in the section with all the other ports like where the mouse plugs in etc if so you might have onboard video too.

Also yes ram only goes in 1 way if it doesn't click its not right :)

for the ram do i just push hard for the white clips to snap on or do i have to snap them on myself?

make sure the white clips are in the open position and push till they click in can take a bit of force but not too excessive. If it feels like its really not going to go in try the other way.

oh and also the case says the capacity is 4GB so the other 2 slots are for ram too? and are u looking for the S/N numbers? see those

for the video card it say S/N: C 03012307298

for the computer it says: S/N G3G1LDYG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom