AMD or Intel ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HerbMan

Beta member
I'm looking for a fast cpu to play games but i don't know which processor to chose. I have to chose between
Pentium D ( 2X1M L2, 3Ghz, 800 Mhz Fbs, Xd, Em64TO, Dual core)

or

Amd Athlon 64 X2 4200+ (2.2 GHz, 2X512KB L2, socket 939, 89W )

I can have them both for the same price. Personnally i like intel more, but i heard that AMD is better for gaming, so that why i'm asking for your opinions.

Thank you

Get a core duo E6300 and Gigabyte SD3. this machie (overclock) beneches 38% Faster than the Am2 4200+ that I have with all the same components and the AM2 system actually cost more.

i can get the amd with a motherboard (asus) for 200$Can. The core duo cost over 300$Us for the processor only.

No, the Core 2 Duo E6300 costs around $181 USD. The same price as the Am2 4200+. As the Core 2 duo is beter for the price.

oh nevermind then sorry :p
But still can get the amd for less....

I actually need tp upgrate my old P4 2.4 Ghz :p ... I own it for more than 3 years :s

From all the opinions I've heard I'd give C2D a go, but I haven't had experience with it.

What about Opteron 165?

yep, almost everyone will say the same get conroe or get core 2 duo e6300 because they oc like crazy. and i admit that i agree with them. they are lightning fast proccessors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom