cleaning LCD monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikee

Fully Optimized
what is the best way to clean an LCD monitor without leaving streaks or marks? I used to use paper towel but it left alot of marks.

Not that I've checked anywhere...but I just use a soft cloth (tissue usually) and some rubbing alcohol (much better then water). Paper towels are probably a little rigid, but I'd think they would work too. :)

I always just used Windex and a paper towel. I'd go over it once with the damp side and then go over it a second with a dry section of the paper towel and it seemed to work well.

I'd like to know about the alcohol question myself. If it won't damage the screen I may need to try that out and see how well it works.

i would think it would depend on the screen. If it is a CRT with a glass screen, you can use just about anything. but, if its a lcd, then I dont know

Yeah, on a CRT you could use AJAX and a scrub brush! LCD's are alittle more delicate though. I know you can't apply a lot of pressure but I wouldn't think that alcohol would hurt it.

*shrug* Oh well, guess we'll just have to wait around and see if someone who's actually used it before posts.

what I do is simply get a pillowcase, and run a small part of one corner under cold water. Then I ring it out quite a lot, and take it to my screen very lightly using downward strokes. Then I reverese the pillowcase and use another corner to dry the screen.

This is of course whilst the monitor is off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom