Finally! Build done, Time for you to rate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HellFireRS

Baseband Member
Ok, this is my first build...and you guys have helped me out alot with suggestions and i appreciate it alot. So now heres the final test, Judgement day, so rate me on this build. Its a Gaming rig.

Motherboard: Evga nForce 680i SLI

Processor: C2D E6400 2.14ghz

Video Card: BFG GeForce 8800gts 640mb

Soundcard: Soundblaster Audigy2 (came from old system)

Monitor: ViewSonic 19'' Widescreen lcd

Case: Antec P180 (5x120mm fans)

PSU: OCZ GameXStream 600x SLI

RAM: Heres the tricky one, and a question goes with it..I currently only have the 2 512mb sticks from my old rig (i think there just pc3200) ..different brands unfortunitly, will this dramaticly hold me back on gaming?

And one other thing, am i able to just transfer my old HardDrive to this new computer? Im not sure if things work this way or not.

Thanks Guys

Eddie

So whats going to happen when i start the system up for the first time with the HD in it? Do i just throw in the windows XP CD when it comes up and re-install it? Or do i have to fully format the HD?

When you put the windows disc in it should give you an option, somewhere along the line, to format the disc.

EDIT: Oh, and by the way, I give that build an 11 out of 10. Nice job!:D

I'd rate it an 8, just because the P180 isn't going to fit a GTX, and the processor could be an E6600. :p

Other then that, very good stuff! Should last you a while.

KBlair said:
I'd rate it an 8, just because the P180 isn't going to fit a GTX, and the processor could be an E6600. :p

Other then that, very good stuff! Should last you a while.

Do you know for a fact that the P180 won't fit the 8800 GTX? If you got to the antec website and look at the features of the case you can remove one of the drive cages in the middle that could potentially block it otherwise. You really shouldn't need that extra cage seeing how it blocks air flow and there are like three or five HDD slots in the bottom drive cage. The middle one is just useless and can be replaced with another fan.

and as for rating, i HIGHLY recommend getting the e6600. that is without a doubt the best bang for buck core 2 and my friends who have one coupled with a newer vid card have amazing results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom