Spector Pro, Is this Ethical?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TofuBoi

Solid State Member
So one of our client sites, asked us to install this program on every computer they have, its a program that that monitors everything on the computer, all the way from email, to IM programs to screenshots and keystrokes. Is the company allowed to do that? if they can, do we have the right to warn them what the program does? or do we not need to tell them?

Depends on the laws there. But I would think if the company owns the equipment they can do whatever they want with it including monitoring everything. Sounds pretty crappy of them though, who would want to work for such a company?

we are in canada, thats what i am trying to find out! do we tell them if we are putting this type of program into the computer?

without a disclaimer, evidence from the findings are not valid in court (in most of the free world)

Usually they have a clause in any network onboarding paperwork that says they have the right to monitor any and all activity on company owned computer equipment. My company does. Of course, we are VERY strict with out computers.

so technically, the company can put anything on the computers to monitor their employees, but does the company have to warn the Employees about it or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom