Jumpy gaming after overclock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max2559

Baseband Member
Hi

So ive overclocked the e6600 to 3.0 ghz (its done 3.4 in the past). Im running it on a Gigabyte Ga965p-DS4 motherboard.

Only ive just noticed that game play (BF2) stutters more when the cpu is overclocked (even a mild overclock to 2.6Ghz has this effect).

The setup is stable as ive run 3dmark05 and prime and mem test....

Is there a reason that overclocking it makes the game more choppy? I thought its meant to increase performance!

Cheers,

Press ALT+CTRL+DELETE go to processes find the game, right click and click on set affinity, then uncheck cpu 1.

Tried that... no help :-(

Interesting thing is that its only jumpy when playing on the internet. BF2 runs sweet as in single player mode... does that mean that its my network connection? - Its weird as if i drop my cpu speed back to stock it works fine over the internet (without the choppy graphics) - By the way im also running a X1900XT 512 HIS (So i know the graphics card can deal with it)

Any suggestions?

Cant be my ping as it doesnt happen when i drop the cpu back down to stock. - Im still so confused! - Im thinking that a new network card might help... as im using onboard at the moment. but again... it works fine when the cpu is a t stock - weird

Perhaps the over clock is messing with the on-board ethernet. I'd look into picking up a cheapie NIC somewhere and try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom