Will this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandingo

In Runtime
On my other computer I have a Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 80gb sata H.D. If I buy another, but a 7200.9, can I still run them in raid?

The hard drive I have in it right now has everything on one partition. I use my computer for Gaming, pictures, web surfing, files, music (pretty much everthing). Once I put the other H.D. in and run it in raid (If I can), What would be the best way to have the partitions set up? (Windows on one H.D. and 2 partitions on the other for ames and music?) How do I do it without loosing any files?

I didn't notice that there are different 7200rpm speeds. I looked at newegg.com and saw that there are 7200.7, 7200.9, and 7200.10. Do you know the differences? Well when you raid two HDs, the computer will only recognize it as one HD. So you can have a partition for Windows and apps, and another partition for games and music. Without losing any files? I think you have to backup all your stuff first before you raid, because you would have to reformat and reinstall windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom