Help me Decide what to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyblog

Beta member
Ok I may or may not have already posted here but this is a deeper explaination of exactly what kind of feedback I'm in need of :)

My situation
- - - - - - - - -

Terrible PC (1.2 Celeron, 256 Ram, GeForce MX440) - Will not run new games without huge lag, MX series not even supported in Splinter Cell.

The Cash - Right now I have the money to build a pretty decent system, BUT I need my upcoming coin for other things. I want to build I PC that I do not need to upgrade for around 2 years. I am looking for a great gaming PC, so please read on with this in mind.

My PC Idea
- - - - - - - - -

AMD 64 3200+ or 3400+
K8V Deluxe or nForce3 mobo
1 GIG of PC3200 Ram
ATI x800 XT PE

Ok, it's basically the top stuff and I don't need to feedback on whether it will be awesome now or not. I'm smart enough to figure that out :p

Now here is what I know:

1. The new sockets are coming out, but it will take a long time for all their features to be taken advantage of. To start off they won't be any faster than the current 64 processors aside from the next step jump (3400 to 3500, etc)

2. PCI-Express is also coming out soon, but will not be great at first. The speeds of the card will not be used for a long time, as AGP is using 4x now and still needs to pass 8x before PCI can really take over.

With that being said, will my computer last me 2 years? That's all I'm looking to know. I know new parts will come out and it won't be 100% top of the line, but will it run the top games at decent-good frames for around 2 years?

I can't afford another PC for at least 2 years, and it doesn't matter to me whether it would be easier to upgrade a 939 than the current sockets. I don't really want to wait until the Fall to build a 939 PCI-E computer that won't even be much better than AGP so I am wanting your feedback if you can help.

This computer...is it worth it?

Thanks

i would save your money for the next generation HD in about 6 months maturity

If U wanna be happy and satisfied after an upgrade,try this.

---After U make up Ur mind for the upgrade wait for 1-2 months longer b4 U do that.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom