Need some advice on my xmas time upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a new API system, sort of a graphic engine, like the Direct X 9 we use nowdays, only better ;) just search for DX10 or DX103D in google you'll fine all you wanna know

-Jo

DirectX is software from Microsoft for running games on Windows.

basically, it works closely with the drivers, and is the bridge between the hardware (video card, sound card, CPU) and the game you are running.

wait about a month, and save more money.

once ATI's next card comes out, go and look at the benchmarks and find out which card comes out on top.

if the ATI card is better, get one of them.
if the 8800 is still better, get one of them. once the ATI cards are out, they should be significantly cheaper.

I have a feeling the ATI card might be better, but don't quote me on that.

apokalipse said:

I have a feeling the ATI card might be better, but don't quote me on that.

ATi always show a far more advanced technology in their cards than Nvidia, but Nvidia usualy covers up for that with a higher clock-able cores and far better drivers to support their cards

-Jo

There's a list of upcoming and released games that support/use DX10 on the NVIDIA website. If I wasn't in dire need of coffee, I'd be less lazy and post a link...pray for later.

Anywho, it'll be interesting to see the next version of UT, which is supposed to have some cool stuff for the DX10 capable users.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom