Best video card I can get for 200-250

Status
Not open for further replies.
TriEclipse said:
Personal Performance Experiences can be painfully inaccurate. :D

I had a guy tell me that he doubled his framerate in games by switching to a Core 2 Duo (not even an off-hand comment either). Pffbt, yeah right...

I would have to say I'm a pretty good judge, that and FRAPS + the performance test within FEAR don't lie. Also, the Extraction Point expansion has improved graphics, so I had to lower the settings even more for that. Sure, it's average framerate is good (aka the benchmark score), but those dips under 25 fps **** me off.

Oh, I wasn't referring to you. I totally believe that a 7900GT cannot absolutely max out FEAR. The game was, after all, the most intensive before Oblivion, so it isn't supposed to be easy to conquer. Yeah, the 7900GT like the 7800GTX before it can only get close to maxing out FEAR, but not quite.

Oh, ok, now I see you were referring to him :-D I love FEAR and FEAR XP, the replay value is so high and it's a fun mess around game. Only wish it supported more resolutions.

KingAustin said:
Actually, my 7900GT doesn't do FEAR maxed out, not even close to easily. Well, I could, but the FPS drops under 25 too much for me to enjoy the game. So, a 7900GS could not max it out, not even close.

At what resolution do you play FEAR ??

I have a friend who have FEAR and he play it on 1280x1024 on Max setting. He have 7900GT

TriEclipse said:
When did I say the TechReport benchmarks were jokes? Show me.

Lol, Anandtech benchmarks are fake? Kid, Anandtech makes TechReport look like a 12 year-old made it. Calling Anandtech benchmarks fake is one of those things that you just don't do if you know what you're talking about.

And the 7950GT is plenty faster than the 7900GT, you just don't know that. Here's some recent benchmarks from Xbit-Labs.

As for the 7950GX2, look at all the games. It varies quite a bit game to game and resolution to resolution.

Lol, "100% sure that Anandtech benchmarks are jokes." You're too aggressive kid, calm down. I never called TechReport benchmarks jokes. They're fine, Anandtech is just about 10 times more reliable.

My friend you are totally wrong, the 7900GT performs better than X1950pro. I can prove it to you

click on this link
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/geforce7950gt.html

and just look at the specs of the 7900GT. it has only 450MHz clock speeds and only 1380Mhz memory speed

But the one that was tested in TechReport was from BFG, and as you know most of the 7900GT's that BFG and eVGA make have a higher speeds than stock 7900GT.
Most of the 7900GT that are in the market have clock speed of 500Mhz and 1500Mhz memory speed or some times even more.

7900GT > X1950pro

maroon1 said:
At what resolution do you play FEAR ??

I have a friend who have FEAR and he play it on 1280x1024 on Max setting. He have 7900GT

The highest resolution it offers is 1280x960. I could play on max settings, but I dont like dips under 25 FPS, even if it's only for a few seconds. Also, the game doesn't look that much different with a few settings on medium.

fear is not easily maxed out with a 7900gt.....

my definition of maxed out being 4xAA 16xAF soft shadows on, all details on high... a 7900gt can't even touch a setting that high. I had to play that game at 1280x960 2xAA 4xAF to not get frame dips on my 7900gt... same for my x1950pro that i had... those 2 cards are almost identicle with gaming performance.....

i don't care what the stupid benchmarks say... i've had both and know how they both perform.. the only difference is the cpu's i had.. 3800 x2 compaired to e6600.... but with the 7900 i had 2 gigs of ram (which is a big factor of gaming) and the x1950pro i only had 1 gig.. and both were about on par with each other

maroon1 said:
But the one that was tested in TechReport was from BFG, and as you know most of the 7900GT's that BFG and eVGA make have a higher speeds than stock 7900GT.
Most of the 7900GT that are in the market have clock speed of 500Mhz and 1500Mhz memory speed or some times even more.

Excuse me, but...Your freakin point was what again?

That overclocked 7900GTs perform better than stock X1950Pros? No ****? Ofcourse they do, note the key word; "overclocked." Well guess what, you can overclock the X1950Pro too, its not exactly like its a dud.

Factory overclocked videocards will go just as far as normally-clocked ones will, so it doesn't really make a difference at what speed they start. And since a stock X1950Pro beats a stock 7900GT, an overclocked X1950Pro will also beat a overclocked 7900GT.

siddanth3 said:
i have a 7900 gs ko edition and i can play fear on max without even tweaking it

And your framerate sucks. I stated earlier I *could* max it out, but the dips suck the fun right out of a game to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom