$3.6k budget build help =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
O sorry I didn't catch the joke. It's cool I'm not gonna lose sleep over it or anything. =) hahaha srry

okay, I didnt mean terabyte, I noticed you wanted a raid1 config in your other thread. And I was just going by the budget, so why doesnt everyone else quit raising he11 becuase somebody wants a really fast computer.

Now if it were me personally, I don't think I would spend more then 1600 on a computer unless I won the lotto.

now if you want a good computer now I would spend 1500 on just what is inside the case.

cpu
ram
gpu
hdd
psu
mobo
case
disk drives
fans
cathodes.

And then another ~400 on monitor kb, and mouse.

dont get the x6800 cpu. Get the e6600, it is more than enough horsepower. Also get a 200 gig drive to store your low priority stuff and back up important stuff. But you can still keep the raptor as your boot drive and what you install games and current projects on.

Everything else looks pretty good.

Would it be reasonable to just get another 150gb raptor and put it in raid 1 since thats what i wanted to do anyways?

I have heard some things about poor quality heatsinks on Intel processors (some of this information came from reviews on Newegg). Is this true or did they just get flukes? If it is true, should I look into an aftermarket HSF?

Lord AnthraX said:
You guys are insane...

Quad core?

Are you kidding me? What will he gain from 2 cores to 4. Please tell me.

Im telling you dude, save your money and go with the build I suggested and like an 8800 GTX or GTS.

This whole "OMG quad kenstfield 8800gtxsli 4gb" Is seriously starting to **** me off.

Put this way.

You just bought the following and spent ALL your money on

FX-60
DFI-Lanparty Venus
4 GB DDR600 Ram
4 150 GB raptors in RAID0
TWO 7800GTX'S in SLI
1k PSU.
Maze4 GPU water block
Danger Den TDX CPU waterblock

and then say tommorow, 8800's come out, and so do the new CPU's for instance, the conroes, that absolutely blow the FX-60 out of the water.

So let's upgrade!! Oh wait. You were an idiot and spent all your money when you had 3K to work with.

It's just smarter financially.

But go ahead. Be my guest. This isn't my 3.5 K now is it?

Shudda went with C2D X6800 or E6600

gmanych said:
Shudda went with C2D X6800 or E6600
That was his whole point, lol

ferarri: why RAID1? RAID0 is a much better choice for home use.

Also, the Core 2 Duos have decent stock HSF. Not great, but good enough to get a fair overclock. Of course, an aftermarket HSF will allow you to push your CPU farther.

As for power supplies I would suggest you get this and this means you won't have to buy a new one for a long time exspecialy if you ever upgrade to another 8800 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...X Galaxy EGA850EWL 850W Power Supply - Retail

Meithan said:

ferarri: why RAID1? RAID0 is a much better choice for home use.

In one of his earlier posts he mentioned that he wants Raid 1 to be able to backup his work, because he's going to school.

People I tell ya, lol:rolleyes:

Oh and ferarri, I would suggest not using the stock heatsink that comes with the CPU if you plan on overclocking in the future, which I doubt you'll need to with that kind of money haha. But in the event you do, look at getting a Scythe Ninja, or a Zalman CNPS9700 NT.

Other than that I think you've done pretty well with what you've got so far.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom