$3.6k budget build help =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinscher

Fully Optimized
I posted a thread about a month and a half ago about building a computer but new things have come out since then and a few people asked me to post a thread about this so I am doing as they wish.

I have a budget around $3600-$4000 (try not to get too crazy with it) but have fun with it and please be respectable to everyone on this thread and don't start any arguments about ANYTHING!!! I don't care whether it is about a processor or and IDE cable just respect other people's suggestions and add to them if you wish or make suggestions off of their's. Sorry for all of that, I just get annoyed with people who come into threads just to start pointless arguments.

Thank you in advance for all of your suggestions and cooperating with my "rules".
=)

EDIT: O ya I forgot to mention that I will need RAID 1 so fit that in there too. I will also need all peripherals (keyboard, mouse, etc.) and monitor.

wow, sometimes when you have so much money it is hard to find out where to start. Are you going to be playing any games? If so I would say to get a 8800gtx.

Okay here is a start.

CPU: c2d 6800extreme or quad core
GPU: 8800gtx or 8800GTX's in sli
Mobo: 680i sli
RAM: 4gb xms2 ddr 800mhz
hard drive: 2 500gig wd's in RAID 1
power supply: ocz gamexstream 650W
case: biggest baddest flashiest thing you can find

For a monitor get a 22in. widescreen. mouse razer deathadder, keyboard logitech G15, for speakers z2300 2.1

Then get windows Vista home premium and you will be set.

Just get a nice computer for 1.8 2.0 K ish, and save the rest for future upgrades.

I'd rather be on the edge, and on the edge AGAIN, instead of BLEEDING edge, and behind the pack in terms of performance.

E6600
OCZ Platinum revison 2 X 1 GB DDR2800
Asus P5B Delux Motherboard.
2X 250 GB hard drives.
CM Stacker
20.1" Samsung 205BW

You pick keyboard mouse.

You dont need speakers do you ?

Some nice 2.1 Creatives or Klipsch should do it.

Yeah what he said except

Cpu- Quad core kentsfield or the e6600, because the e6800 is woot
Gfx- One 8800GTX (for now)
mem- 2 gigs (for now) wait and see how vista performs

ask if you need links- buy from newegg, parts that expensive shouldn't be bought from (other sites) which aren't as trustworthy. i saw some cheaper prices for the GTX in stores though.

How much is all of that gonna cost? Heh. O ya I forgot to mention I already have some Bose speakers to hook up to my comp. =)
I don't think I am gonna need a TB of space. I will be gaming and will also be doing 3D animation in college next year (that is what I need the RAID for).

You guys are insane...

Quad core?

Are you kidding me? What will he gain from 2 cores to 4. Please tell me.

Im telling you dude, save your money and go with the build I suggested and like an 8800 GTX or GTS.

This whole "OMG quad kenstfield 8800gtxsli 4gb" Is seriously starting to **** me off.

Put this way.

You just bought the following and spent ALL your money on

FX-60
DFI-Lanparty Venus
4 GB DDR600 Ram
4 150 GB raptors in RAID0
TWO 7800GTX'S in SLI
1k PSU.
Maze4 GPU water block
Danger Den TDX CPU waterblock

and then say tommorow, 8800's come out, and so do the new CPU's for instance, the conroes, that absolutely blow the FX-60 out of the water.

So let's upgrade!! Oh wait. You were an idiot and spent all your money when you had 3K to work with.

It's just smarter financially.

But go ahead. Be my guest. This isn't my 3.5 K now is it?

I'm sorry about that but that does not in any way help me build my computer.
Please stay on topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom