Need help on what CPU to go with

Status
Not open for further replies.

mizner07

Baseband Member
I am building my first computer and i dont know enough information about AMD and Intel proceccors. So if u could give me some feedback it would be greatly appreciated.

well as far as competition the biggest amd fanboy can tell you the core2duo is the best performer.but as a loyal amd fanboy i say get an x2.............but in regards to your question, let me pose a few,how much money u willing to spend?what are goin to be the primary uses of the computer?so with those qustions answered you can expect a **** of alot more responses.

and as an un-biased person I say if if your idea of a CPu was anywhere from 160+ i say spring for a C2D E6300.

Well i am looking to spend around 100-200 dollars maybe a little more. I am looking to play lots of games, adobe photoshop, and do lots of downloading. I have done alittle research and have read that AMD's are being out dated by Intel 2 core duo processors, is this true.

I have an intel core2duo e6300 running in this machine, and it's flawless. Im running 2 different IM apps, firefox, i tunes, lime wire and counter strike, and this thinkg doesn't take a hit. e6300 is a great budget buy. I've never used an AMD x2, so i cna't comment on that, but it's pretty much out dated now. Go with a C2D, you wont be disapointed. Oh, and i haven't tried video editing yet, i don't have my tuner or my adobe video editor installed yet.

I agree with all of my fellow tech-forum dwellers. Core 2 Duo is the way to go right now. More specifically, as everyone has said, the E6300. Doesn't get any better, well it does:p, but for more money lol. Also I suggest going with a Gigabyte 965 DS3, like spartan1121. That is of course if your looking for a board that is around the 200 dollar price range. Asus has a few good ones around 200 too, can't recall the models though.

200.00 bucks...c2d 6300 no doubt.
tho i agree with an51r...get an x2. haha. i love mine tho, really. performance wise, your 6300 will (overclock and) beat the crap out of my 4200...and my 4200 kicks butt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom