Best Prebuilt Water Cooling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
will h4x 4 food said:
i know i have a small case but i can put the radiator on the top of my case. The reason i want water cooling is because of my room temperature in my house is usually 77-80 degrees(depending on the time of day) and it can get pretty hot in my room which means high temps for parts even with my 3rd party heatsinks. since the radiator would be on the outside of my comp, the temps would be a lot lower. Although i have not installed watercooling, i am determined to do it and i have a lot of experience with building computers. If anyone would like to help me find a better and maybe a cheaper kit then the gigabyte i would be delighted. just make sure it has a radiator that fits in a drive bay. Also, where would i put a pump in my case? i looks like u have to screw those down somewhere. lol that was a dumb question. i'll read that guide someone sent me and not be such a "n00b".

OKay then I have a propostition for you. Lets jsut go onto petratechshop, buy your pump, radiator, resivor, water blocks etc. and begin modding that case.

For the radiator, mount it on the top buy cutting a hole with just enough room on each corner to screw it in. The put a piece of wide spaced mesh over top of it so someone doesnt smahs it in. Mount 2 high cfm fans on the bottom, you will need lots of airflow with a little radiator. I would go with something just big enough for 2 120mm fans. Mount your pump on the bottom of the case, and the resivior where the rear 120mm fan would have been, next to the mobo.

That is a start, it will be cramped but it will also get the job done. :D hope it gives you nad idea to build off of.

reggie_da_man said:
If you want a radiator outside of your case then take a look at this.

He wants to take that to lan parties :freak:

I say just buy a new case cause mid towers aren't to good at fitting water cooling :p

lance... do you have any idea what you talking about?

replacing a rear fan with the reservoir, is not only stupid, (the motherboard absolutely requires irflow over certain components, but most reservoirs are meant to fit into a drive bay...

Also the easiest way to mount a radiator is to use a radbox and mount it on the back of the case

Ok, I am in the same boat as the original poster, come the first of the year I'm upgrading to a full tower case amongst other things. What would be the best water cooler set up to keep my chip running at decent temps while its oc'd, and considering I have to move every year, I need something that can withstand a move to the other side of the world.

Ice

I have seen a thermaltake kit that has the tank and pump in the drive bays. since the name brand kits suck i was wondering if any good companies made them like that. also, for the radiator, couldnt i just use some velcrow to stick it on the top of my case? I don't really feel like drilling holes in my case, especially since it would be very hard to find the right places to drill. lets say the Gigabyte kit(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835128015) works out and fits. would i see a big decrease in temps compared to my 50C idle temp that i have currently? there is also the thermaltake bigwater SE that i know will fit in my case, but that one looks like crap.

Why nobody listens to my advice when I use water cooling, ill never know.

Mount it on the back of your case!

If possible, buy the mcr-220 radiator, then buy the 90 degree elbow barbs for it.

Mount it on the back of your case using either a radbox, or a gutted 120mm fan.

Then run tubing into your case through the pci bracket area.

Put the pump in the bottom of your case

and instead of using a reservoir, use a t-line as they save a lot of space.

Pics can be provided if need be.

-aspire

Most of the resevoirs I have seen are put back there. And they have the case feet with a fan in the bottom of the case. and the 2 120mm fans blowing throught the radiator pulling the air out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom