The computer wont start up?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiki13

Baseband Member
Sorry if this is in the wrong area but I really need help with my computer!

for some reason when i try to open it the monitor shows nothing but a black screen and nothing shows! the windows login page doesnt load or anything its just a black page.

is it that my monitor is broken or something or could it be a virus? can someone help me out?

ok what do the beeps sound like? normally its long and short beeps or short ones its code, normally in the computer manual or motherboard manual it tells you what it means.

Id go with graphics card as the problem but it`d be best if we new what motherboard you had, any idea? or what pc brand you have and full manufacture model.

it was a custom made computer not from brand i got it from a computer store do you think i should take this to geeksquad or something? it had happened before but the next few times i open it again it will work but this time it doesnt. it is short beeps at first but when i kept on restarting to see if i can see something the beeps went faster? i have no idea is my computer totally useless now do i have to get a new one u think?

Lets see if we can do something.

1. here are BIOS beep codes. http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm
2. Try replacing your video card
3. Reseat it.
4. while out, get a pencil eraser and clean the tarnish off of the video card (gold part where you insert it.) Take it out and take it back in to clean the socket.

um i really dont know much about computers what is a video card do i have to open the case or something? is this something someone like me can do i have no experience with these tech stuff or should i take it to profesional?

also im not sure if they applies but i happen to also install this webcam and it said that it might not be compadable with my computer but it said windows xps work and thats what i have but it also said it might work now but cause problems later... do you guys think it could be the webcams problem?

doubt its a webcam if you unplug it and it still beeps then that wont be the problem.

If your really unsure about computers and dont no anything I would recommend taking it to a shop or a friend who can do it. Also I doubt you have any spare parts etc but if you take it a hardware shop let us know what the price is he could rip you off.

Although if you feel brave you could try fixing it your self see if you have a very kind friend who will lend you their graphics card and maybe RAM. The first thing you should do is this:

1. open case you should see it looking like this:
http://www.short-media.com/images/mm/Articles/Techtips/Roundedcables/sx1000angle.jpg

now the first Thing id do is something which should be easy for any novice :) just look for the motherboard manufacturer name and number it`ll be on there somewhere look for brands such as: ASUS,GIGABYTE,MSI,ECS,ABIT,DFI,ASROCK,EPOX,BIOSTAR,EVGA,INTEL.

once we have that we can determine what graphics card you have and what can replace it and what RAM it uses.

i have an imb and it keeps beeping so it means No Power, Loose Card, or Short is the problem? what does short mean? and what card are they talking about is it ram?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom