Need Input/Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

b_young86

Baseband Member
Hey everyone, I was going through some forums and found some really nice case mods. I am thinking about doing one of my own, and i want some ideas, pics, tips, anything you can think of would be nice. I am starting off with a standard white case. Nothing special, but i want to make it into something people will envy when i go off to school. So i got until September. I will build it and post the pics on this thread. So be creative and feel free to share any ideas you may have, no matter how outrageous they may seem. Oh, and by the way, i am on a somewhat tight budget, so i would rather build than buy. Thanks all.

hygor said:
make it out of maple wood... like a kitchen cabinet style... classy

LOL!

Personally, i do not want to see my computer...if i had it my way, i would have a wireless monitor, keyboard, mouse and speakers and never have to worry about where to put my base unit, because it will be tucked away in a closet somewhere. so the way the case looks inst much of an issue to me :)

Try one of the best PC building websites ever made (with a cool gallery of custom PCs along with it!) at:

www.computer-choppers.com

As you can see, the name mimics the "Orange County Choppers" PC show, but even if it still does, the site kicks A$$!!!!!

Check it out, you wont be disappointed!

I have my little plans from my new TOWER OF POWER that I will be modding after i get my tax return.

The expensive part will be the getting the vinal sticker made up. I estimate about AU$300. But I know some one that might be able to do the job cheaper with painting and still give me a excellent result.

I am planning on a full tower case. AOPEN H700.
One the one of the side pannels, i am thinking of putting some Ghost In The Shell Artwork
Possibly this image :-
http://marathon.bungie.org/story/GitS.html
I have few other pics in mind, but with simular effect.

And with the center eye of the robot that the girl is lying on, I am going cut that out, and put in LED Fan in it place. I might but a few other LEDs light in there to add to the effect.

Well i was thinking, everyone mods their desktops, but what about the monitors? i mean, if u have a flat screen there is really nothing you can do to it, but i have a CRT on the desktop and want to make it look pretty. So i took an old monitor (incase i messed up) and took it apart. Took out all the plastic pieces and went to sears and picked up some high gloss silver metallic spray paint for like 5 bucks. i sprayed on the first coat tonight, not too bad, but a word of advice if any of you are going to do this. WASH ALL THE PLASTIC PIECES THOUGHOLY!! (i can't spell) i guess i was in too much of a rush, but i may need to do some touch-up work. Otherwise lookin good, gonna put on another coat tomarrow and paint the other side of all the pieces. I'll start takin a postin pics too.

b_young86 said:
Well i was thinking, everyone mods their desktops, but what about the monitors?

Monitors are not are as forgiving as cases if you stuff up. Firstly, monitors are normally covered with manufacturer's warranty tags. Cases on the other hand are not.

Until last year, I had a KTX 17" CRT Monitor (Rebadged Sony). As soon as I found out that my 3rd warranty was up, i removed the front plastic case from it, and i spray painted black and yellow hazard lines on it.

It looked cool.... until the monitor tube blew up 12 months ago (special thanks to a mobile phone) and it was not worth me repairing it.

b_young86 said:
y do u think it blew up?

The monitor was old. I had it for about 5 or so years.
I could tell that the picture tube was dying slowly.

Anyways, I was at home last year using my computer. My mobile phone (Nokia 3315) was close to the monitor. It rang, I picked it up, and as the mobile was passing the side of the CRT... the picture on the tube suddenly collapsed into it's self with a loud click, there was the smell of Ozone, and the monitor did not worked ever again.

To make matters worse.... it was a wrong number. :angry:
Just as well my Tax Return came in that morning.....

Last time I saw that monitor, it was getting dropped for about 5 meters from an industrial waste bin out side my work into a garbage truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom