Computer build for 1500?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TXCBR911

Beta member
This christmas i am trying to get a new gaming pc for direct x 10 so what would be a good build with a 8800 GTX for about 1500 if possible or since i already this (listed below) just upgrade?

MOBO- EVGA nforce4 SLI (has 2 8x pcie slots and one 16x so 3 total).

CPU- AMD X2 4800

MEM- 2 GBs of corsair performance RAM

Power supply- 500 watt

GPU- 1 EVGA 7800 GTX ( I want to get 2 direct x 10 cards in sli mode if i can with my MOBO)

CASE- is this TURBO X-DREAMER CASE W/ WINDOW & LCD Temperature Display and is 18.7" x 7.75" x 16.75" (Including front panel) just in case you need to know if anything you want me to get as an upgrade will fit.

Thanks

MOBO GPU PSU CPU RAM HDDs DVD

Buy a big case and 2GB of RAM and 2 HDDs in Raid 0.

You want that build because it's the 680i chipset, DX10, C2D, 700W PSU for SLI, Raid 0 500GBs.

What more could you ask for?

why a e6300? i would get the E6600 and 2gb of RAM if thats too much money get a less expensive motherboard

but it still has only 2mb of l2 cache and you can oc an e6600 to 3.4ghz on air and it has 4mb l2 cache

EDIT: with my msi board i can hit 3.2GHz so i know theres people outt here that can hit 3.4GHz with their setup, honestly dude cancel the order and get a E6600 more bang for your buck if you ask me. for a motherboard get a gigabyte DS3 it can definatly oc the 6600 to over 3GHz and its only ~150 bucks, it doesnt have but one pcie x16 slot but be honest will you ever go sli?

Fade2black.

Show me some benchies that really make me say, "wow, that 4mb cache is totally worth the 250+ price difference, specially when im on a budget of 1.5 K!"

http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/showthread.php?t=227092
http://www.techspot.com/review/8-intel_core_2_duo_family/page3.html

there are just some reviews i looked up real quick. i know it isnt twice as fast as the e6300 or anyhting but you guys act like 1500 is only enough for a budget system. 1500 bucks is alot of ****ing money and if your going to spend that much money why ot get the best you can righ?

if your going to get a high end mobo like that and a high end gpu why go cheap on the processor not that the e6300 is a bad cpu but even oc it cant reach the speeds/performance of an oc e6600

also i have heard that the new dx10 cards will only work to their full potential with the very bast cpu not sure where the link to that is but maybe someone can post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom