computer boot error--urgent help needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hm i just noticed that i have a separate F:\ (local disk) drive as well. when i try to click on it, it asks to format so it's not reading it. i did not realize that plugging in one device yielded two new drives in My Computer.

calgirl2 said:
hm i just noticed that i have a separate F:\ (local disk) drive as well. when i try to click on it, it asks to format so it's not reading it. i did not realize that plugging in one device yielded two new drives in My Computer.

that's because you have 2 separate partitions. you should not be able to access the recovery partition.

your most important data should be in the C:\Documents and Settings\Your Username\My Documents if you run recovery software

i never stored anything in "my documents\" though. everything i stored and currently want access to was put on the D:\ partition, where my windows and user information are not stored.

in the accessible partition, all i have is \Documents and Settings\all users\application data\microsoft\crypto\rsa\machinekeys\(empty)

would plugging it into a mac make it accessible? since floppies work like that....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom