Help Building A Good Gaming Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
nagasama said:
well, i'm sure that's great, but you're also a freakin oc master crazy style....i don't know if murdax is. so, yes, crappy ram does come into play in this case, i think.
you guys miss the point of my rant. ITS NOT YOUR MONEY. YOURE NOT HIS FINANCIAL ADVISOR. He didn't ask you to save him money. if you're going to try to save him money, give him suggestions that will impact the system he's decided to build. to give suggestions which don't is rather self-centered and pointless.
and that's my point.
c2d's are superior to x2. okay okay. that's not in question here (or anywhere else for that matter).

i know exactly what you mean about its his money.. which is why i chose a x1950xtx over a 8800gts :p

nagasama said:
dude, lighten up. i think what he is saying is that faster speed is not the total of a system...not like hammering on intel. i.e. you could have e6600 and crappy ram and what do you have then? the sum is the whole of the parts (did i get that right, lol) kinda thing.

it's his money. it's not like he's saying, "i'm gonna build this computer and YOU HAVE TO USE IT". he's going to take the time to build it, and he's going to use it.
if he wants amd, let him get amd. his mind is obviously made up that is what he wants. why can't (some of) you just say, "well, if i was building it, i'd use a c2d and this mobo etc etc." Then if the original poster states that isn't what he wants for HIS (or her) system, leave off the post. you don't have to tell people they are ignorant because they disagree with your point of view, or facts or benchmarks, or whatever. maybe he doesn't like intel's commercials, who knows, who cares. he's made it plain he plans on getting amd. i don't recall murdax saying, "you use intel so you suck".
lighten up. kee-rist.
okay, back to the REAL subject of this post...
murdax, the only suggestion i have is in my earlier post.
you may save enough dough overclocking a 3800+ or 4200+ to upgrade a your vidcard to a 8800gtx or 7950gx2. although the 7950 is a rippin card, so i wouldn't worry about it too much.
although i don't know how well that board overclocks, probably pretty well.
also, you need a psu....look around at other posts. tri eclipse had a good one that may be a sticky now that can help you out. 500-550 probably ok for that system, just check specs of you vid card and make sure they're met.
good luck!

I'm well aware it's not my money or going to be my system, but what you said about him not being ignorant is wrong, he is the definition of ignorant. I'm past the point of helping ignorant people so I don't even care what he puts in his system, just explaining how much greater intel is at the moment and making fun of an amd fanboy.

nagasama said:
then you don't have to post on his topic, bro. i don't think it's a requirement on this forum.
I'm aware, but if you quoted my whole sentence then you would see the reason why I continued posting.

the AMD 5000+ is probably the biggest waste of money ive seen in a long time.

what are you talking about with the RAM anyway? both amz and intel use ddr2 so RAM would cost the same either way so say you could only afford crappy ram you will still see a bigger performance boost with the core 2

E660 with crappy ram > any AMD out there with crappy ram

i dont see where you made a valid point in this thread?

this kid thinks that intel have speed traps with the core 2 which is stupid and completely false

ok ok ok I am getting an Intel E6600 ok guys you finally convinced me to get one. So back to the topic is there any other recommendation that you would like to add to the list. and FYI the case that I am buying comes with a 550 watt psu.

well.. you might wanna check the amps on that 550 watt, cuz if it doesnt have enough amps, it don't matter... wouldnt want a good rig crappin out because of a bad psu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom