A new PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the double post....

This is the first computer I've built... so if I've missed anything, you can just let me know. :)

Will you be using your current case and power supply? If not, you'll want to add that to your list :)

I would buy from NCIX, but I'm from British Columbia, that's why. If you're from the Eastern site, use Tiger, and if you're up North, use Canada Computers.

Back to the topic, the processor is great. I'm currently using the same one. As far as memory, get 1GB DDR memory, and at least 120GB HD space.

I am going to be getting this case.

And, I'll need a new power supply too.

I buy from NCIX because I think their the best, they don't remove their products from their website every few days like Tiger Direct does.

Can you give me a link for some ram? I thought it would have to be specific for my motherboard.

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?minorcatid=105&subminorcatid=10

pretty much any of these... you want 184pin DDR400/pc3200 dual channel. and you want 2 matching sticks... so if you want a gig, get 2x512 sticks or for 2gb get 2x1gb sticks

and i wouldnt ness spend twice as much for 'overclocking ram'
i think its a gimmic, i overclock just as high as someone w/ocz gold ram w/ my value select...though for some reason corsair value select is exceptionally expensive in canada... hmmm

jonny_uk said:
That will be fine, you dont need any more than 420w

Thanks for your reply.

By the way... this is the first PC I've built. Do I need to have any other hardware to put it all together? I'm planning on using on online tutorial and some help from some forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom