Need some advice on my xmas time upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice breaker

Solid State Member
I have some money to spend on upgrades at the end of this year and looking in some advice on where I should drop that money. Obviously my video card is going to be one of the first to go along with the water cooler.

Here are my system specs.

AMD 64 FX-60 Toledo cpu
ASUS A8N32 SLI Deluxe motherboard
2gb Cosair 3200 C2PT
Radeon Power Color X1300 512mb
Kingwin Water Cooler = (P.O.S)
Aspire X-plorer Case
Epsilon 700w ps

Im looking for something that will destroy most games out there. Any help would be appreciated

a 7900GT voltmod'd woudl distroy w/ that rig... what kind of dough u got?

I say hold you're horses a while longer, 'till ATI shows their answer to DX10 cards, then buy whatever is better.

If you must, buy a 7900gt and volt mod it, that will hold you up till next year at least [I say it will be fine for the next 6-8 month for high settings gaming].

Thats just my thoughts though, I just don't see the point of buying a first generation of something before seeing its competitors "answer" to it [Specially when its ought to come in a month or so]

-Jo

Ice breaker said:
I was thinking of more towards the 8800-GTX and as far as cash goes about $900 to spend.
I'm buying one...should come in tomorrow (shivers)

Anywho, having just bought one, I did a lot of research. The GTX is a great card, but it's not cheap. Still, NVIDIA does produce consistent and excellent chips, and the performance I've had out of NVIDIA products (chipsets, vcards, drivers, etc) has over the years made me swear by them.

DonÂ’t a buy a PC now, cuz one of those DX10 Solutions come out, then ur Video card automatically becomes outdated and thatÂ’s a lot less then the time ppl spend with one video card 6-8 months........ so wait till January or February and then thatÂ’s the time to consider a new upgrade. So it will be more of a New Year Upgrade over a X-mas upgrade............

vernong1992 said:
DonÂ’t a buy a PC now, cuz one of those DX10 Solutions come out, then ur Video card automatically becomes outdated and thatÂ’s a lot less then the time ppl spend with one video card 6-8 months........ so wait till January or February and then thatÂ’s the time to consider a new upgrade. So it will be more of a New Year Upgrade over a X-mas upgrade............
The 8-series NVIDIA cards already support DX10. 7-Series might, too, but no word on the tech specs about that. I'm sure they will, since the 7-series isn't that old.

ShoobieRat said:
The 8-series NVIDIA cards already support DX10. 7-Series might, too, but no word on the tech specs about that. I'm sure they will, since the 7-series isn't that old.

sry to disappoint you mate, no chance they will implant DX10 in the 7600~7900GT's/GS's, simply because its not profitable for them to do.

Other than that, Vernong1992, you're not exactly correct, the 7900GT~7950GX 2 has a long way to go before they become "Outdated", i'd say a year or two at LEAST, if not more.

Same goes for the X1900XT+

-Jo

i really did not know taht cuz i believed what this article said: .......... nvm thta article is really old.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom