Don't like using Jig Saw for make 80mm holes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
I own a power drill
I own a jig saw

How ever, i don't like using a Jig Saw so I can cut an 80 mm hole as they normally turn out looking like $#!+.

Can some one recommend me a drill attachment (not too expensive) so I can drill 80mm (or there abouts) Case Fan Holes into a case.

Bunnings or Mitre 10 have them but they are not cheap.
Make sure you get a fine toothed one for sheet metal.
TIP. - Clamp a block of wood behind where you need to cut so as the arbour drill has something to grip onto and help pull the cutter through the metal also take it easy with the downwards pressure.
Regards Brian

Beejay said:
Bunnings or Mitre 10 have them but they are not cheap.
Make sure you get a fine toothed one for sheet metal.

Yeah.... try about $68 for the 83mm hole saw and arbor. :rolleyes:
And the sales guy at Bunnings was worried about the hole saw shattering. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I might do that link with Coast Tools and see if :-
* They ship / import internationally
* Otherwise get it sent to my relatives and then wait for it to come down for christmas.

MicroBell said:
$68...OMG....thats unreal.

Tell me about it....... :( :angry:
And that is $68 dollars with the sales guy rubbing his chin worried about it breaking.

MicroBell said:
Silesia...your total cost should be no more then around $25 US Dollars and that's for the best. I use Milwaukee hole saws (considered the best) on my job and it costs me about $10 for the hole saw and $5 for the arbor.

Milwaukee....... hmmmmmm.......

Any chance that you would forward me a URL for these guys.
Or at least the Most likely Retail Chain Store that these would pop up in. I might get one of my relatives in the states to send one over with what ever eBAY package I get them to send.

I have dropped a few lines with some of the local hardware stores so see what they can offer me, and I really do not want to pay more than AUS$40 for a Hole Saw and Arbor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom