processor question

Status
Not open for further replies.

MurdaX

In Runtime
I am trying to decide which processor to get whether the Windsor 5000+ or the Intel Core 2 Duo E6600. I am so confused right now due to all the comments about both processors. Could you guys give me some good insight upon choosing one of these processors, cause remember I need to get a mother board that is compatible with the processor.

NOTE: anything that doesn't directly pertain to understanding this thread/corrections etc will be split to another thread. spam of course will be deleted. i want this to stay clean and there is no need to post
well im a nubby here but i have a chance to build a computer the cpus witch a freind has but dont know witch one to take he said there both good . but need some help on witch one to take ? the both intels ones a pent D 805 and a pent 4 650 ht. which one should i take ? i love my games .
and the like. discuss away :D just don't hi-jack a moderator

E6600 Hands down.

Solid motherboards: Gigabyte DS3, DFI infinity, Asus P5B Series.

Do you have a budget in mind?

Wow I remember asking the question, but I don't remember starting this thread. Anyway even though the E6600 out performs the 5000+ Winsdor. You have to admit that the amd dual core processor has been on the market for a while and the intel just came out with it's processors back to back, also with their quad processor soon to come out too. I am just curious as to see amd comes out with next. You might just say that I am an AMD fanboy. But I kinda find it hard to believe that there is a lot of AMD fans that have been caught by Intel's speed trap and thus beginning to jump ships .

i am an AMD loyalist, however i am more loyal to facts. and the fact is that the e6600 out performs almost every one of AMD's processors. it soundly beats any that are in competition price wise.

did you actually read the guide you posted this in because it explains how different the C2D processors are to the Pentium 4.

you didn't start this thread, you jacked my guide ;). i started this thread by shifting your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom