Device Driver problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eucharistfreak

Solid State Member
I just a got a blue screen that said something about a physical system memory dump, is that bad?

I turned off the computer and restarted it, all was fine for the most part.

I sent an error report to Microsoft and they gave me this:

Error caused by a device driver
Thank you for submitting an error report.
Problem description
A device driver installed on your computer caused the problem; however, we cannot determine the precise cause. To troubleshoot the problem, see Getting help.
Getting help
Depending on which situation is applicable to you, please do one of the following:
If this problem occurred after you installed a new hardware device on your computer, the problem might be caused by the driver for the device. Use the Driver Rollback utility or uninstall the driver.
If this problem occurred after you installed new software, the software might have installed a driver that caused the problem. Try uninstalling the software.
If you don't know the specific driver or software, try performing a System Restore.
Check for updated drivers on the Microsoft Update website.
For information about your support options, visit: Support.Dell.Com

What should I do?

And, is there a program that I can use that can check if all my drivers are up to date and whether they are causing problems?

Thanks much

Belarc Advisor will tell you what is running on your computer. This may be helpful.

It could just have been a glitch that will never happen again. Windows is good for those ;)

If this is the same pc from your other thread with the virus there is no reason to post another topic. All errors are gonna be related to the virus till you get it off your pc.

But i'm no mod. So if they dub this okay so be it. otherwise i'd delete it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom