gaming rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes seems pretty good. You might also want to spend 20 bucks later on on some aftermarket 120mm fans. usually the ones that come with cases arent that good. Also hes right about the aftermarket cooler. I myself would get a gigabyte DS3 then an aftermarket cooler so you could OC pretty high off the start but then again upgrading the CPU cooler is much cheaper than the mobo so your fine as well. Just suggest getting an aftermarket cooler pretty soon after.

True heh but i love the DS3 for the price. Yea me i'd wanna OC right off the bat so id end up getting an aftermarket cooler but it is true that in the long run the P5B-E would be better.

I've just read somewhere that the Seasonic S12 430HB has no FDD connector... is this true? The Seasonic website doesn't provide great documentation. And I can only find other sources not mentioning it, rather than denying there is one.

Was about to order the whole thing till I read this, I might ditch the FDD although I have a feeling I'll regret that... :mad:

-edit- I think the source lied... :beard:

Even if it doesn't, its only the floppy drives that use it, I believe.

EDIT: I looked around and it looks like it has 2x FDD power connectors.

In my case i got a crappy 300w psu and recently got a 7950GT so thought id need to get a better psu for it because as far as i was aware it would probably not be enough for the card and it would break in time so i brought an OCZ 520w modstream, seems like i didnt need to buy a better psu then?

But i will say this one is much quieter, has nice blue LEDS that light most of the inside up, huge fan(not audible) so keeps things even cooler, smart cabling so you dont have to use cables you dont need, and the cables are all UV sensitive so they show up in the dark with the right lighting, also all the cables are shielded and better quality, i could go on, so yeah i wouldnt install my old one agian anyway, too many reasons not to :D

Chances are that you probably needed to upgrade your PSU. PSUs that come with the case are notoriously unreliable. Remember, for the 8800GTX system, not just any 400W PSU will do, it has to be a good quality 400W PSU (such as the Forton that I linked in the sticky). There are quite a few companies that made good PSUs, but even then, you need to look at how many amps they have on the +12v rail(s) to make sure.

But it doesn't mean everything though does it, because I've looked at brands to avoid that overloaded their rails with amperage (against lower efficiency).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom