Random Rebooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris0320

Solid State Member
i got upset the other day and sort of smacked my PC (wasnt that hard, obviously hard enough, and yes i know that was stupid and i deserve what happened). now when i turn it on it will boot to windows (about 10 seconds as usual), then will shitdown. i have replaced the CPU and the mobo, but its still doing it. its a p4 3g HT, 1g ddr2,and i also put a different psu in. its still doing it. it not used for like a night, i can boot it up and it will stay on for like 10 minutes, but then just shut down, no beeps or anything , does get up to like 80 c in bios. ive also removed the case from the issue by disconnecting shorting the power on the mobo. still same issue. cpu fan is sitting nice and tight on cpu, and ALL fans are working. none of the heatsinks on anything is even getting that warm. im at a loss here, the only thing that hasnt been changed out is the ram and a BRAND NEW psu (the one im using worked fine last p4 with HT it was in), but with full post (quick boot disabled) the ram test comes back fine. i need to play WoW lol. im freaking out. i need to take care of some other business as well.

After smacking my machine, my first thought was "let's drop money at stuff..."

.......:confused: :rolleyes:

Have you reseated everything? And I mean EVERYTHING. Power cables, data lines, cards, memory, etc, etc...

And don't hit your PC, or we'll be forced to confiscate it. :angry:

i have, i completely took it apart including jumpers, and reseating to make sure EVERYTHING was not jared. and i know, i almost cried after doing it. i guess it is easy to make some men cry, hit your own computer and watch it start rebooting randomly. Oh ya, also, it does this sometimes after fully booting to windows, and it can also happen just checking the BIOS. that sorta rules out software.

Osiris0320 said:
Oh ya, also, it does this sometimes after fully booting to windows, and it can also happen just checking the BIOS. that sorta rules out software.
:rolleyes:
...If you hit your machine, and the software got messed up...that would more than just be "special"...

The only thing that is really effected by impact is your hard-drive. Try another one and see what happens.

put another hard drive in... same thing =( ive also detached hard drives and all other IDE devices and booted. same thing...

Osiris0320 said:

wow it escape the censor niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice...Anyway yes I agree with shoobie, it does sound like a hard drive problem see if you can lend one just to test.

EDIT: just saw your post, looks like could be the PSU then check all plugs and power cables try different ones. Worst case scenario you killed your mobo...

Is it possible when you smacked it, you grounded something on the MOBO and it is stuck? Maybe a tiny wire has been crushed against something else? If you replaced the MOBO is it new or just different? Same with the CPU. Possibly you have jarred your H/D and it is causing the problem. Do yuo have another machine to test the hardware in? You should have just sent it to its room with no internet for a week. BAD owner. :wooha:
Oh, and shutdown is spelled with a U not an I. (Right after it boots to windows about 10 seconds) How did that get by the censors..

According to him, he's already reseated everything. Assuming he's been thorough and observant, and assuming the new HDD isn't a flake...my next call is poltergeists...

Only solution take it apart even remove the mobo mounts and build the pc outside the case on a static sheet or wood surface. plug the PSU to the mobo with 1 stick of ram in and CPU. See if its ok then add GPU see if it gets to the BIOS. Continue to add parts if it all works its your case shorting out the mobo maybe a motherboard mount was doing it and hitting the pc knocked it enough to cause problems.

did that to. i COMPLETELY striped it, including jumbers, and still doing it. although in the bios its saying my fsb is at 200, WRONG, it should be at 800... but its not letting me change it. ive reset the bios as well. maybe a sludge hammer is the fix at this point lol :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom