First timer, help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok ignore the last post, i copied and pasted and it broke the links. The post before that shows almost all the items im currently at, exept the mobo which is

ASUS P5B-E Socket T $150.99+6.41 = 157.40
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131070

Im still questioning this mobo vs my first one because im seeing bads reviews on it. Im questioning my ram because it seems to be the cheaper corsair ddr2 800. Also is it better to go with a widescreen moniter for gaming rather then a 4:3? I see 22" widescreens with a little worse sepcs then mine for around the same price. Im looking for the best equip around my prices.

The evga is a way better overclocker then the asus board as I've read on forums. Also, the power supply you had posted originally is extremely good. Its one of the best modular power supplies IÂ’ve seen for the price. So if you want a modular power supply, itÂ’s worth the money to go for it. I recommend 2, 250 gig hard drives instead of one 500 as well. This actually looks almost exactly like a build I posted in an earlier thread. Did you get that build off this site? Even the mixed links between zipzoom and neweegg are the same.

How do you people break the links? I've never had a problem with it.

And ... yeah, Jumping_Bean514 is right, get the eVGA board.

Jumping_Bean514 said:
Also, the power supply you had posted originally is extremely good. Its one of the best modular power supplies IÂ’ve seen for the price. So if you want a modular power supply, itÂ’s worth the money to go for it.

There are many Modular Power supplies that are better and suit his needs.
Seasonic M12 SS 500 Watt
SilverStone SST-ST60F 600 Watt
Corsair HX 620W
SilverStone Strider ST75F 750W
Enermax Liberty 500W
Hiper Type R 580W
Antec Neo HE 550W

Thats just a sample, there are many more.
However, the only good modular TT I am Aware of is the
Thermaltake ToughPower (w0116) 750W

Ste said:
There are many Modular Power supplies that are better and suit his needs.
Seasonic M12 SS 500 Watt
SilverStone SST-ST60F 600 Watt
Corsair HX 620W
SilverStone Strider ST75F 750W
Enermax Liberty 500W
Hiper Type R 580W
Antec Neo HE 550W

Thats just a sample, there are many more.
However, the only good modular TT I am Aware of is the
Thermaltake ToughPower (w0116) 750W

I'm sure those are all fantastic power supplies. All I'm saying is that I think the one posted is great and I would recommend it. Some of those I would hardly even consider modular because ther are so few connectors that you need to plug every single one in anyways.

Edit: The W011R and the W0106RU are the exact same design. The only difference is 50 watts, 4 amps and ones SLI and the other is crossfire and price of course.

In reguards to the build, yes jumping_bean most of it is what you posted. Thank you for the time to put it together. Going to back the to mobo, i want a very reliable board. If the only difference b/t the two boards is one supports duel video cards and the other doesnt. Then i dont need to duel card board. But if the evga will last longer and has less of a chance to cause problems, then i dont care about the extra money. I still need to know about the ram. Is there better ram for me to get? again im willing to spend more for quality stuff. As for two 250 running at raid 0, (i dont rly know what that means other then they are connected) why is that better then one 500gb?

C6CorvetteZ51 said:
In reguards to the build, yes jumping_bean most of it is what you posted. Thank you for the time to put it together. Going to back the to mobo, i want a very reliable board. If the only difference b/t the two boards is one supports duel video cards and the other doesnt. Then i dont need to duel card board. But if the evga will last longer and has less of a chance to cause problems, then i dont care about the extra money. I still need to know about the ram. Is there better ram for me to get? again im willing to spend more for quality stuff. As for two 250 running at raid 0, (i dont rly know what that means other then they are connected) why is that better then one 500gb?

First off, the motherboards are very different. The evga motherboard has 3 PCIe ports supports SLI has a ton of USB and uses different chipsets among many other things. Enthusiasts like it because it overclocks higher and has a lot of options in the bios. If youÂ’re not into all that stuff then you probably wonÂ’t see a difference between the two motherboards and you should choose the one that fits your budget the best.

Raid stands for redundant array of independent/inexpensive disks. What it means is that you will have two disks acting like one. The data you save onto your hard drive will be spilt between the two and thus, you can theoretically write and read almost twice as fast because the hard drives are working together. The down sides to raid are that when one drive fails, they both fail. This is because each hard drive only has half the data so when one dies it loses all that data. Thus you have 2 times the chance of failure in a raid.

On a side note, I think that youÂ’re paying way too much for that monitor and sound. For me, I wouldnÂ’t spend more then a $100 for speakers and the same for a sound card. But if you got the money then go for it. If you want to save a little money on your monitor and still rock a Samsung brand I would go with this one. I think BenQ and Acer makes some well priced ones as well.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824001087

Sorry if my explanation is hard to follow, IÂ’m not the best at explaining things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom