AMD question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KNiGHTMaRe89

In Runtime
what's the deal with AMD lately. it seems like their getting manhandled by Intel.

it's like there not the same as they once used to be...

does anyone have any info about what's the deal here?

for now they are getting worked, its about time ;). lets see what happens with DDR3. i bet amd has something up their sleeves

cwiz said:
for now they are getting worked, its about time ;). lets see what happens with DDR3. i bet amd has something up their sleeves

they wont have anything till late 2007 and 2008, and intel are normally the ones who use new types of ram first such as DDR2 but think that was mainly to do with having a north bridge instead of a built on memory controller like AMD. Though looks like intel are going that route now too.

after reading those articles, i think AMD has something very big up there sleeves and when they drop their bombshell people are gonna crap themselves.

Ste said:
Like for all things, its all talk until it happens.

yeah we shall see. my self , I have always been an amd supporter cause of lower price and higher performance. but with the Core2duo and the price drops on intels side recently I might have my next system be an Intel.

KNiGHTMaRe89 said:
what's the deal with AMD lately. it seems like their getting manhandled by Intel.
You know, they said the same thing about Intel when AMD was in the lead, and then AMD before that, then Intel..then AMD...then Intel...

If you haven't figured it out yet, the two go back and forth. This is not the end of AMD just because Intel has something "better" for the moment. If history has shown anything, it's that Intel fans will gloat for a few months, then AMD will meet the call and it will all flip around for another few months...

Try not to get all bent out of shape over it. If anything, everyone should be happy that Intel has moved ahead because of some real improvement in their chips, and not just because they crammed more watts through it to raise the marketing specs...

do you guys think i should wait for the 65nm amd x2
how big will the advantage be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom