120GB HD
192 RAM
and an ATI Rage 128 PRO 32MB graphics card

im gonna upgrade my system cos im sick of it being so damn slow

so i thought
new mobo
2.4/2.6 amd athlon xp
512 RAM

and i want a good/ish graphics card only thing is- im on a budget, ill only have 40 quid left for the graphics card but i want a better one that what i currently have... (i dont know much about them)
also would i need a certain type of board to be compatable with it?

i can NOT go over £40 by the penny lol

Thanks a lot

Ryan

Summary
+type of graphics card
+compatable mobo

Since I am in the United States, I am not too familiar with the European money system, but by using a convertor, I see that the amount is equivalent to about 50$ if you are using the United States money system, so I am sorry to say, but 50$ just wont get you much.

How about upping that amount to 100?

If you CAN go up to 100, I would shoot for the Geforce3 Ti, or if you cant find that, the Geforce MX 440 AGP 2x/4x or AGP 8x.

If you can pull a miracle and get up to 150, you can get the Geforce FX 5200 ULTRA by ordering it online.

Just look around, search NewEgg, BestBuy, etc. and hopefully you can find something suitable.

Good luck with the upgrades!

With 90$, it is very doubtful.

The cheapest I can find at my local WalMart is like 120$ and it is just a GeforceFX 5200......

If you are stuck with 80-90$, go ahead and get the Geforce MX 440 AGP version.

It is a great value for the money, and will play most games that are out now, including FarCry at low detail levels, and BF Vietnam the same way.

This is what I have in the comp I am on now. (My moms, the specs below are on my dads). I must admit, this card is pretty nice though.

Good luck!

i can play farcry prety decent graphic level on this computer now t slows it down a tiny bit so im sure a 128 will be far better!? its just when im running to many apps...--- i know RAM, i can get a FX 5200 128mb card for £32 / 50-60$ ill keep my eyes peeled lol
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom