Intel Motherboard Overheating Problem..... at 43c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Client's got a Intel D945Gcz Motherboard with a Pentium 4 3.0Ghz.

The client is complaining about a long beeping noise that might happen from time to time. Commen sence says that it's an over heating alarm. Especially considering that the computer is left on 24/7, and since it's a used for a CCTV system, it's CONSTANTLY under load.

I get out there to check for any over heating problem and the computer is running at a like cool 43c.
According to intel, the alarm temp for this motherboard is 70c.

To add further injury to insult, this system is running rather close to an AirConditioning Vent, and that it currently pumping out cold air.

Finally, I had this computer runnning in my office with the same DVR cards for about 2 months. And the conditions that i had it in was a cupboard with extremely little air flow. And during this time, I experience no such problems.

Anyway logical reasons or solutions on how to fix this? (preferably with out voiding a warranty)

BTW, removing the POST speaker is not an option as this motherboard has an on board speaker. And there is no Post speaker pin avalable for me to short out.

Logical No! Lol

Dust it out, Take everything apart, clean it, put it all back together. Including Both Chipset Heatsinks/Fans. Flash BIOS also.

Thats the only thing I can think of.
Well, that and Memtest86, sometimes Memory errors can cause random beeping. I had it happen in a 98 Machine.

If not, then I would guess its a bad board, or bad memory. The only other possible problem could be power supply, which could cause problems, there are many problems it could be, but if its a "Mission Critical" system, which from the sounds , it is as its a CCTV System, I would get a new system!

Ruan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom