Best video card I can get for 200-250

Status
Not open for further replies.
TriEclipse said:
Same game. Different Reviewer.

TechReport vs. Anandtech? I pick Anandtech.

Why do you think that TechReport are jokes ??

Personally I think the benchmarks in Anandtech are fake, because the 7950GX2 is supposed to beat X1950xtx, but in Anandtech the 7950GX2 was not beating X1950xtx

Also, how can 7950GT get much more FPS than 7900GT ???!!!!

The 7950GT is a little better than 7900GT, so 7950GT must get a little more FPS.

But in Anandtech the 7950GT was getting nearly double the FPS that 7900GT gets

So, I'm %100 sure that these benchmarks in Anandtech are jokes

you can get a good Radeon 1950 256 MB GPU for maybe $200, its pretty solid, and it won't be outdated for maybe 1 year or 1 year and a 1/2.

I've basically ruled out any ATi, just because most are to expensive for my likeing, but the 7900 GT and GS are my 2 choices I'm sticking with.

It's good to know that even a 7900 GS won't be taken to its knees when playing F.E.A.R., because I just happened to have bought that game for when my computer is done:).

I'm really trying to get all I can for my money and not have to sacrifice detail too much.

I'm also very psyched to say I recieved my two 300 Gb Maxtor DiamondMax 10's yesterday, as well as my Dual Layer Sony DVD burner, which I got all for 100 bucks!:D

EDIT: About the voltmods, I'd love to do them, but I'm not sure I'd be able to. Simply because my soldering skills aren't exactly the greatest in the world, lol.

maroon1 said:
Why do you think that TechReport are jokes ??

Personally I think the benchmarks in Anandtech are fake, because the 7950GX2 is supposed to beat X1950xtx, but in Anandtech the 7950GX2 was not beating X1950xtx

Also, how can 7950GT get much more FPS than 7900GT ???!!!!

The 7950GT is a little better than 7900GT, so 7950GT must get a little more FPS.

But in Anandtech the 7950GT was getting nearly double the FPS that 7900GT gets

So, I'm %100 sure that these benchmarks in Anandtech are jokes

When did I say the TechReport benchmarks were jokes? Show me.

Lol, Anandtech benchmarks are fake? Kid, Anandtech makes TechReport look like a 12 year-old made it. Calling Anandtech benchmarks fake is one of those things that you just don't do if you know what you're talking about.

And the 7950GT is plenty faster than the 7900GT, you just don't know that. Here's some recent benchmarks from Xbit-Labs.

As for the 7950GX2, look at all the games. It varies quite a bit game to game and resolution to resolution.

Lol, "100% sure that Anandtech benchmarks are jokes." You're too aggressive kid, calm down. I never called TechReport benchmarks jokes. They're fine, Anandtech is just about 10 times more reliable.

TriEclipse said:
For videocards, you buy the best you can afford. If it doesn't run like you want, you have to tone down the settings, nothing else to be done about it. Luckily even the 7900GS is a powerhouse of a card that'll play most games out there at max. Oblivion is obviously an exception, but the second most-intensive, FEAR, will easily be maxed out.

Actually, my 7900GT doesn't do FEAR maxed out, not even close to easily. Well, I could, but the FPS drops under 25 too much for me to enjoy the game. So, a 7900GS could not max it out, not even close.

Personal Performance Experiences can be painfully inaccurate. :D

I had a guy tell me that he doubled his framerate in games by switching to a Core 2 Duo (not even an off-hand comment either). Pffbt, yeah right...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom