I am in gaming heaven

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice system dude. and i'm THINKING about upgrading to a e6300 and a 7900gs. and u already got ur 8800 u make me jealous. lol

I absolutely love Oblivion. There are things about it that dissapointed me as well, but alot of mods and such are taking care of alot of Oblivion's annoyances. I think that Oblivion was still more of an evolution than a revolution, but it is still one of the best 50$ I ever spent. Hopefully Gothic 3 will be the RPG that we have been all waiting for...?

Has anyone tried nHancer yet? It isn't working for me. It gives me an error asking me if I rebooted my computer after I installed my drivers (which I did do). I am using current drivers.

Dante_Caligari said:
I absolutely love Oblivion. There are things about it that dissapointed me as well, but alot of mods and such are taking care of alot of Oblivion's annoyances. I think that Oblivion was still more of an evolution than a revolution, but it is still one of the best 50$ I ever spent. Hopefully Gothic 3 will be the RPG that we have been all waiting for...?

Has anyone tried nHancer yet? It isn't working for me. It gives me an error asking me if I rebooted my computer after I installed my drivers (which I did do). I am using current drivers.

gothic 3 got super terrible ratings on like.. every single site... lol, but i dunno, i learned not to trust reviews anymore.. because dark messiah got like a 7 or 8.. and i just love that game... lol

Dante_Caligari said:

I know that the 8800GTS can support HDR and Antialiasing at the same time, but is there some kind of patch for Oblivion that will allow it to use both at the same time?
What would be the point? The one would defeat the other! The Antialiasing would attempt to make any sharp edges soft, and would defeat the high definition image.

Dante_Caligari said:
I also installed DOOM3, set the settings at max, and restarted the game. I went back into the settings and they were reverted back the LOW settings. What's the deal?
Make sure you save the settings when you leave, and don't hit cancel. Doesn't happen for me. I think there's also a setting for auto-setting the settings based on detected hardware. Fiddle with that and see what happens. My guess is your hardware is unrecognized by the auto-config and it's thinking your system sucks. Try searching the iD forums, too.

Dante_Caligari said:
Lastly, should I enable SLI-ready Memory in the BIOS? It says that it is disabled as of now.
It was my understanding that in order to turn on SLI in the BIOS, you have to have 2 cards in the mobo slots. It won't work with just one card (for obvious reasons).

Re: Re: I am in gaming heaven

ShoobieRat said:
What would be the point? The one would defeat the other! The Antialiasing would attempt to make any sharp edges soft, and would defeat the high definition image.

Anti-aliasing doesn't make sharp edges soft, it reduces image failure. A straight line at an angle being displayed on a display with pixels that aren't at that same angle end up jagged (aliasing), so you need to anti-alias them in order sharpen the edge of that polygon/line/shadow/whatever.

antialiasing.gif

You seem to have HDR mixed up with "high definition" ... HDR is "High Dynamic Range" ... it has to do with lighting and things of that sort... Even if it did stand for high definition, anti-aliasing wouldn't have a bad affect on it, the higher the resolution the better, the higher the multisamples the better.

HDR has nothing to edges of polygons or resolution, so I don't see how HDR would defeat anti-aliasing, nor do I understand why it's not theoretically possible to have them both.

Then again, I have seen them both at the same time with Half-Life 2: Lost Island or whatever it's called, so yeah.

if you are married,, dont bother spendin it on a car. My wife dont let me do crap with my car, but she doesnt have a clue that i have this system. She still thinks it is an athlon 800 with a geforce 2 mx lol. I have about 4K saved up now. I was thinkin bout the 8800s, but decided to wait and see what ati will come up with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom