New Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

veg1992

Golden Master
Dad and I are the PC geeks in the family, so since I've built my current PC my dad has had his eye on it, and i sort of lost a bet and the PC:angry: So i've have to build a new PC or buy one, i only got $1000 from making straight A's this year, so from http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&oc=DDCWBA2&s=dhs i decided on some components that are suitable for a gamer taht will last aleast another year......

AMD Athlon™ 64 3200+
Genuine Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005
Express Upgrade to Windows Vista Home Premium from XP Media Center Edition
2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz- 2DIMMs
80GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache™
16X DVD ROM Drive
15 inch E156FP Analog Flat Panel
NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE Integrated Graphics GPU
Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio

All that came up to $674, since i'm new to buying PC's over making them, i wanna no if this is worth it...............

dude, for a G u can get alot more computer than that if you know how to build.

this rig will be atleast 2x faster:

Conroe CPU
2GB DDR2 800 RAM
Socket LGA 775 MoBo
~$566

DVD Burner - Retail
$30

7900 GS w/$40 rebate
$180-40=140

WD HDD
$60

17" Monitor
$170

Solid PSU
$90

Case $60

thats ~$1100 and will blow the doors off that dell AND your old computer! (check out the benchmarks for conroe vs dual core amd's)

your dad will want this one way more than the one you lost! trust me

u can shave some cheddar off the psu or monitor or less ram to get it under 1000

good luck!

yea agree! save yourself a little, settle with the 1Gb of memory, you can always add later. But invest in a better graphics card!! :)

thanks for the help, but i was planning on overclocking a low-end gpu (cuz i love to overclock lol) but i will consider what cwiz recommended! thanks guys!

overclocking a low end GPU wont even do much if it doesnt support some high end features like direct x9.0C and SM 3.0. Also id rather have a GPU with more pixal pipelines than one thats just overclocked more than it.

i also want a vista home premium express upgrade, so i'm gonna buy an alienware! if u have cheaper alternatives keep posting plz!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom