What should my CPU tempature be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cajete

In Runtime
I just bought the Thermaltake BigWater SE system for my 2.40Ghz Core 2 Duo. I downloaded Speedfan and I shows that my CPU tempature is at 38C°... That's 100F°... It seems a little bit to hot huh? Maybe my system isn't working properly? What should my tempature be?

40C is considered normal. Try not to go over 130-140F (not sure what that is in C).

130-140F is 54-60C. Yea 100 is normal and in good range. You shouldn't get more then 120 on load.

well...assuming that you did not oc your cpu your temps are pretty high. you are using a c2d on water so the water cooling should bring down your temps. i think around 40 degrees centigrade is the average temperature with the stock cooler. so yeah i do think that something is wrong with ur computer. u apply enough thermal paste and is the waterblock set in right?

yes that is way too high even at full load, my c2d ran at like anywhere from 18 degrees celcius (no load) to max 32 degrees celcius (full load) on stock cooling (note room temp of about 15-22 degrees celcius)

Thats a little hot on water, check the thermal paste (not too much, not too little), also check its held on right witht the clamps. Your motherboard CAN lie, so dont always go off this temperature, monitor the temperature of your coolant, and if that is still low, then you know that its not getting away from the processor, if tis hot, try get better cooling for the coolant.

Ruan

check your temp through bios.. and what is the temp in your room... and i don't expect a pre made big water to do anything miraculous... not enough info is given to determine this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom