Best video card I can get for 200-250

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks a bunch Tri, I will definatly check out the prices on the 7950, if its not too much more I think I'll consider it as well, but we shall see.

I'll keep ya'll updated!

Have to agree with you once again TriEclipse, lol. But I was curious, after reading reviews and what not, what would be an acceptable frame rate, with no lag, one that runs smoothly? Because I can't really get a good idea as to how good these cards are since I don't know at what frame rate the lag occurs lol.

Don't think that the framerates you see on the benchmarks are the same ones you're going to see in-game; The benchmarks are much much more intensive than the actual game is, so the framerates are a lot lower.

For videocards, you buy the best you can afford. If it doesn't run like you want, you have to tone down the settings, nothing else to be done about it. Luckily even the 7900GS is a powerhouse of a card that'll play most games out there at max. Oblivion is obviously an exception, but the second most-intensive, FEAR, will easily be maxed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom