RAM and MOBO will this Work out? p5b/wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.

deaduar3

Baseband Member
I have heard of nasty problems with some mobos and ram. I am going to purchase these 2 and wondered if it will work.

Asus P5B Deluxe/WiFi Intel P965 LGA775 Core 2 Duo ready

Corasir XMAS2 TWIN2X1024-5400C4 DDR2-667 2GB Kit 4-4-4-12
[370654TS]

will they be compatble since i heard that the p5b dosnt support the ram running at 1.9 or something.

I have an Asus P5B Deluxe (the non-Wifi version) and two 512MB modules of Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 CL5 RAM ... it all works perfectly.

I wouldn't worry too much. man. There's a 9/10 chance they'll work, and if they don't, you can always trade them. Still, I'd bet they'll work.

NosBoost300: that's some crazy video card OC, dawg!

ok...some ppl are worried about the 965 chipset mobos and ram problems. The first time i heard about it was on xtremesystems under their "p5b-deluxe problems and fixes" thread. Some ppl were complaining about certain ram(one was g.skill's hz series and i think someone complained about the xms series too) not booting with it for the first time. The problem was the mobo wasn't giving the ram enough power. I got myn to boot up the first time, so i think asus fixed the problem before i ordered my mobo(like 3 months ago now). But in the off chance it happens to you, all you need to do is buy some cheap ddr2 ram(since it only requires 1.8v to run, the xms needs at least 2.0v) from bestbuy (or other local computer store) and set the right voltage for the ram. Then just shut it down and swap out the ram with the xms and it should work...if not then you were just unlucky and got a DOA ram, which you can call up newegg(or manufacture) and get it replaced. Then just simply return the cheap ram for a refund...and thats it.

And the xms is a great choice, since its using d9 chips. The g.skill hz series(just look at the end of the model # and it should have HZ) are d9 chips as well, but its up to you.

I also upgraded to the latest BIOS as soon as possible. Of course, this assumes you can boot. Borrowing a friend's RAM to up the voltage / flash latest bios is your solution if the RAM initially refuses to work.

NosBoost300 said:
corsair seems to work with every mobo.. if you know you've got one of those iffy mobo's i'd go with corsair, problem free ram!

yeah I agree. corsair is awesome stuff.. that is all I use. I got 3-3-6 timings on my ddr 400 corsair ram with my 939 athlon 64 3800+

perfectly stable and fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom