MiGiT128

Solid State Member
have the pc1066 in with the pc800?

2x 256's pc1066
2x 128's pc800

then it would have a very good amount of memory in it

*edit*
this is in refference to a previous post. this one:

"Ok. i know that this motherboard (dell) takes RDRam PC800 memory(its my friends). But i got a 2 256 modules of RDRam PC 1066 laying around and i want to see if it will take it.

i know (or i think i know) that i cant not have the PC 800 in at teh same time as the PC1066 but if i took the PC800 out and put in the PC1066, what would happen if it the motherboard doesnt accept it?

i want to see if it will work, but if it doesnt take it, whats teh worst that would happen?

would the memory just act like PC800 instead of 1066?"
*/edit*

yes, you can combine different speed memory, as long as your board supports them.

There is a downside though, the system will force the faster running memory down to the speed of the slowest memory stick.

So in effect you're gonna have 768 MB of PC800 memory.

I have 512 of PC800 in my system at home, and it runs just fine. So I would just add teh 512 of PC1066, and take the PC800 out completely.

"Ok. i know that this motherboard (dell) takes RDRam PC800 memory"

that just kill both responces...

I don't think that applies to SDRAM though, I have 3 diff speeds of SDRAM and they all run at independant speeds

This sound interesting what speed are they running independently and what board is it? Does it makes pc faster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom