Where can I find..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jumping_Bean514 said:
Sorry to burst your bubble but all the 8800 series cards are made by the same company. Companys like evga, leadtek and bfg just put their name on them. So in terms of the card itself it doesnt matter where you get it from. Though evga has a the step up program so you might want to get it from them.

if they are all made buy the same place then why can some overclock better?

Yeah it does to me atleast, I have never had a problem with leadtek, other friends i know have had horrible times pny/xfx.. a few of those other cheaper brands.

Atleast thats what I believe..

but I dont know anything..

PanzerKammander said:
Becuase each manufacture uses varying quality silicon/componets..

Also companies often have different drivers/software..

Silicon is the same as the same company makes all the cards.

The Drivers and Software (NV Control Panel) are both provided by Nvidia.

The only difference is the cooler on the card; that's where the difference lies. Better coolers let you overclock farther.

I really dont think so..

becuase I have had a few other cards from different companies and their stablity has been absolute crap..

I put a different brand in, and it worked better..

I doubt they're overclocking the 8800's. I don't see the reason too since it runs everything out right now at max. However, think about it, Would there be 23918230918230 and 3 different versions of every card if they were all the exact same thing. There would just be no reason for it. I'm sure when it comes down to it, They are all of the same structure, but certain companies offer pre-over clocked models and you're paying extra for the time they put into doing that, not really any difference in the card itself. Look up a 7600 for example, there's a ton of different versions of it, but they're all made by the one company, it's just what companies offer a better warranty and overclocking, or overclocking capability and that's about it. There's also the factor of unlockable pixel pipelines and all that stuff.

PanzerKammander said:
*snipped*

Stop talking about other cards. The point is; the 8800GTX is made by only one manufacturer, who then ships it to everyone else. It is different for other cards, so stop comparing it to a 7600GT or whatever. You will get the same performance and reliability from any 8800GTX out there, unless they are factory overclocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom