Need opinions on the Ideazon MERC Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoad

Daemon Poster
*NOTE*: 95% of the Spelling mistakes you'll see here are because my keyboard misses strokes at times ( I can press but n letter is being written) - so no, I Haven't become dyslexic in the past year. */Note*

First off, hi guys, long time no see [kinda like me I guess, to come by once a year :D ]

Hope all's fine and everyone are doing good :)

Anyhow's I really hope this is the right section to post this thread @, but even if not, you could cut me some slack right? ;)

OK Onto topic now, My Genius Wireless is showing early signs of death, after 7 years of being on duty as my hand-slave [zomg that sounds bad, who cares :D ya know what I mean ;) ] and I figured -- i'd buy a new keyboard, its 'bout time anyway, and if i at it, why not by some flashy one? I got the money..

So, I Looked around, the g15 looked lousy [it looked like it had an extra numpad that is configureable, and a tiny LCD screen, didnt make an impression on me] and the g11 which is its little twin sister looked lousy just aswell.

Then I saw the Ideazon MERC on sale on Ebay by mistake [was just swooping around to see 2'nd hand goods] and seriously i found it geniusly designed.

So, now my last concerns are since i never really worked on this keyboard, is some users impressions, people who used it that is, I wouldn't wanna buy something based on one or two reviews and a picture I seen on ebay :D

What I Really wanna know is:

1. How does the button feel? Are they "tough' or "soft"? [and are they overtough or over soft?]
2. are the button clicks quiet or noisy? I am one that appreciates silence.
3. How does it function in daily usage other than games?[although gaming is its main purpose, I do chat and type on he pc] Does the odd numpad orientation makes it difficult to get used to it or is it not that much of a problem?
4[and last]. I read about its Z-Engine that supposed to change the Gamepad's layout [not physically but the hotkeys] correspondly to the MOD file that is subjected to a specific game, but what if one of my games doesn't have a MOD file for that Kboard? Will I still be able to use the gamepad of the keyboard? [For example: Neverwinter nights doesn't have a pre-programmed MOD file] -- and if yes, how do I program the gamepad in that case?

Thanks alot in advance for whoever responds, its not THAT urgent i have 6 days to decide whether I want this keyboard or not.

Sorry for the length, I can't help myself at these hour [1am++ after a school day :D ]

Wish you all the best,

-Jo

wow Yoad I thought you died or something.

Or you took my idea into action, the one where you recruit everyone and take over your town since all you do is need to look in the trash and you can find an AK-47.

xD

Naw im very much alive.. lol, glad to see someone remembers me 'round here :D

Anyway, although you haven't used the keyboard, whadda you think about it anthrax? I gotta make a decision in like a day or two and it seems no one has it in any of the forums I hang out in.

-Jo

my dad has the zboard and it is pretty cool, i use it when i plat CS

you can bu y the add on keysets for the games you play, pretty innovative idea if you ask me

but the merc i have no idea about sry

close enough mate, can you please answer those 4 specific questions i had about the keyboard then? [even though its the zboard and not merc, they are built the same just without the replaceable keyset thingy I believe]

Thanks, you're the first to respond so far ontopic in three diffrent forums lol :D

-Jo

1. the keys take some getting used to but they arent bad at all
2. they dont seem noisey to me but idk what you consider noisy
3. its great plain and simple
4. you go in through the program that comes on the disk with the keyboard and you can custome hot keys pretty easily

ah, I don't like the replace able keysets idea, it seems annoying, plus I rather give up on the numpad's orthodoxy than give up on the qwerty design [the ZBoard has an odd design, like its space is shortend and stuff, seems annoying as ****].

And those keysets are far too costy, thats why I am going with the MERC + a logitech G5.

-Jo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom