Cables Assistance Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ancalime

Baseband Member
Well I am almost done with my computer. Right now I am jsut confused with some of the cables. I put this project aside for a week or two so I forgot which cables belong where.

Firstly I have this gray cable that has 4 pins but only three little wires. Both ends are identical. I have no idea if I need this cable and if I do, where do I plug it in? It says things like 300V, 28AWG, 80 degrees Celsius, and ALLSAFE on it. I can take a pic but hopefully I won't have to. ;)

Another thing is that I have so many unused cables coming out of the PSU (at least 5-6). I already plugged in the 20 pin and 4 pin ATX power connector to my mobo. I also plugged in the 4 pin power cables to the HDD and CD Drive. Is there anything else I am missing?

My mobo manual says to connect the front USB cables to the two yellow USB connectors on the mobo. The problem I have is it also says to connect the NC cable to the Speaker Header which is about a full 3 inches away from the USB connectors. When I got the case, the NC wire and USB wires are on the same cable. Therefore I cannot plug both the USB and NC wires in. I can only plug in one of them. What is it that I do?

My case also comes with a red and black Speaker cable. It appears to be 4 pin but I do not see a connector on my mobo. What do I do with this cable?

Sorry, a lot of words for a very newb problem. First time builder here, any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance. Here are some of the parts I have that I mentioned:

Power Supply
Motherboard
Case

You should have extra cables coming out of the PSU. The unused cables should be diverted out of the way of airflow, preferably through the top of the case, and stick them into an empty 5.25" compartment.

Now then, did you follow the instructions from the start? Everything should be explained clearly, with pictures as well. You need ample lighting and decent eyesight. NEVER FORGET you cannot put a square peg into a round hole.

All conectors should be marked with what they are for, and the corresponding sockets should also be marked that way. Find the loose wire, find what it says, and check the mobo instruction manual illustrations for the answer.

Pictures would help, but more helpful would be the parts. Link us newegg links to these parts. Then people who have those parts can tell you exactly what to do.

Thank you for your response Zilveari.

I have the links to my parts on the bottom of my first post. I read through my whole motherboard installation part in my mobo manual but it does not mention this gray cable. This gray cable has no label on its two identical headers. Very confused about it. Also like I posted before, the mobo layout conflicts with the wire packaging of the case. If the NC and USB wires are on the same cable, how am I suppose to plug them into their sockets which are 3 inches apart?

Again thank you for your response. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom