dvd drive and gravity

Status
Not open for further replies.

djb

Baseband Member
Hi guys! does anybody knows anything about DVD drive performance on an airplane ? i had a friend of mine who had experienced problems trying to play a dvd on his laptop.
Anyone knows something ?
Thank you!

I doubt that gravity has anything to do with it because a plane doesn't really fly high enough to start felling a difference. I would imagine that the problem is with the turbulence.

i didn't say that is no gravity. i ask if is had to do with the problem. anyway, is strange because the dvd rom is ok and working very fine on the ground :) now what ? thank you guys!

ok my friend.. i check the dvd-rom and is working fine on the ground. on 17th of the month he is going to fly. at the 18th of the month i will post again :) see u.

take it and try to simulate some turbulence on the ground and see if thats the problem

there shouldnt be much of a difference because the cabin of a plane is pressurized.

just my type of subject, studying millitary, and commercial aircraft. the only thing that could mess with it, would, yes be the turbulance, but if an airplane had enough turbulance to mess with dvd playback, then you wouldnt be messin with the laptop, ud be holdin on for life. air pressure wouldnt do squat, but, it could be the forward motion, as they do travel at about 500+ mph. but if that was it, then it would have to be constant acceleration. so my best bet would be a shotty dvd drive. weird tho, works on ground, dosent in air. on the ground is it plugged in? and what is the bat condition when in the air? dead/dying battery could do it. otherwise that, i got no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom