Laptop Won't Burn CDs in Media Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice! I was looking for a way to maybe get that to work. I'll check on monday if it's been fixed already, if not I'll tell the techs to try this. Thanks man. I'll keep y'all posted.

Solution is shaky

If it truly is not burning CD's with any software then it obviously can't be solved by installing a plug-in for one application. What I would suggest doing is plugging in an external burner and attempting to burn a cd. If that works than it's pretty obvious that the original drive is not physically working correctly. Hopefully this is not the case though!

Re: Solution is shaky

nosralboo said:
If it truly is not burning CD's with any software then it obviously can't be solved by installing a plug-in for one application. What I would suggest doing is plugging in an external burner and attempting to burn a cd. If that works than it's pretty obvious that the original drive is not physically working correctly. Hopefully this is not the case though!

it's more than likely that the computer has corrupt files

Re: Re: Solution is shaky

EricB said:
it's more than likely that the computer has corrupt files

I would not go as far as to say it's more than likely. Possible, but not more than likely. I've seen numerous burners die simply because of wearing out. While it is completely possible that the drivers for the actual drive are corrupt, it's unlikely that the programs meant for burning are being used all have corrupt files (As far as I know windows uses Roxio plug-ins for burning with explorer, I'm not sure about cyberlink though), that would be a very interesting coincidence seeing as how the computer sounds functional other than the drive's burning issue.

the reason I said that was because I work on about 50 computer that wouldn't burn cd or dvds. of those only 2 of them were because of broken drives. the other were from corrupt files. you can usually hear broken drive when they are bad.

Good point, physical issues usually make themselves known to many of the senses. I just think that it would be odd if all the burning applications had corrupt files when the rest of the computer sounds to be operating well (if it were mass corruption it would obviously have ill effects on other parts of the drive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom