I am in gaming heaven

Status
Not open for further replies.
The General said:
Well I already drive an 06 G35 and I am married so I'm not exactly in the market for "poon" ... I think I might just do this.

sorry mrs. general, lol :)

married, drive a g35, and drop 5k on a computer ever 6months?dude, what r u like... a ceo or a crack dealer or something?!
j/k

mo power to ya, u know what ur doin... you might be better served to wait for ati's card...nvidia will prob drop their prices

The General said:
E6600, 2GB G.Skill HZ's, 2 x 74GB Raptor, 3 x 250GB Caviar, 7900gt, Asus P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe, 700w OCZ GameXStream, Lian Li pc-61, 2 x dvd burners, etc... you were asking me, right?

Well your set, just get the 8800gtx's and wait on the quad core.

Nice set up Dante, enjoy your new rig.

I had the same problem on Doom and I found out that you can change the resolution in the game console and that will solve your problem of the settings always going back to low.

While in the game hit CTRL,ALT,TILDE all together to bring up the console.

r _mode 8 {1600x1200}
r_mode 7 {1280x1024}
r_multiSamples {AA}
vid_restart {type in that after making your changes}

there should be one space after each command, for instance
r_mode 8 {one space between mode and 8}

This will do the trick for you...good luck and have fun gaming with your new pc :)

Dante, also let me know if you get the AA and HDR working on that card together.....I heard the 8 series cards would do both, but I would like to hear it first hand.....thanks.

I have an 8800GTS, and in Half-Life: Lost Island or whatever it's called, the one level demo thing, HDR disables if you set AA in game, but setting AA with nvidia drivers did the trick.

HDR + AA = true

Though I still see no reason why it wouldn't be possible before.

Whirlwind said:
Dante, also let me know if you get the AA and HDR working on that card together.....I heard the 8 series cards would do both, but I would like to hear it first hand.....thanks.

nHancer supposedly works, but I have not tried it yet. I think that you need a current version of the .net framework for it to work:

http://www.nhancer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=148

http://www.nhancer.com/

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...cb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&displaylang=en

Dante_Caligari said:
^^^Does that work in Oblivion?

I don't have Oblivion. :confused:

Should I go buy it and try? I mean, is it a good game or what? I don't really like RPGs, I mostly just like FPS.

The General said:
I don't have Oblivion. :confused:

Should I go buy it and try? I mean, is it a good game or what? I don't really like RPGs, I mostly just like FPS.

i hated oblivion.... to me, it was just a terrible game... when i play a game i need good voice acting and all that... especially considering its an rpg.. they did a terrible job with sounds.. any of them.... and leaving grass on looks like crap... lol,

anyway enough of graphical and sound complaints!

i didnt get very far.. seeing as i hated it the first hour i played it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom