internet explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rally Boy

Solid State Member
hello all! first of i would like to say i have learned a great deal from this forum by using the search function. however, i have run into a problem that i cannot seem to figure out. i currently have sbc dsl without the yahoo crap. i have noticed that whenever i close internet explorer for long periods of time (like all night) it will not allow me to access a web page whenever i decide to click on the "e". it says web page unavailable whenever i click on the "e" to take me to my homepage. so, i have to restart the machine and everything is fine. i have run norton and spybot and have not found anything wrong. i have also checked my connection at the modem and i am logged in. btw, i have a speedstream 5100 and the power, ethernet, dsl, and internet are lit. thanks in advance!

have you tried just doing an IP refresh? might be a lease timeout or something like that.

what is the best way to renew/refresh my IP address? do i have to actually log into the modem and reset it that way?

Start -> Run -> Type in 'Command'

in Command prompt, type 'ipconfig /release'
Hit enter

then type 'ipconfig /renew'

is this a normal thing to have to do on a daily basis? i thought with dsl all i had to do was click on internet explorer and i could surf :(

its one of the quirks that happens every once and a while with broadband internet.

If you're having to do this continually, call up your ISP and have them troubleshoot their service.

its weird because it shows that i am connected but when i pull up internet explorer it wont load the page unless i restart the computer or reset/restart the modem. i dont know what else to do.

i found out today that if i disable my zonealarm that i can connect to the page whenever i close internet explorer overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom