Check This Setup, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
The General said:
There is no reason to buy an AMD system right now unless you are a fanboy who wants a slower computer for more money.

That is all I have to say here.

I have to admit, I am an AMD fan also, but the General is totally right here....

For a Core 2 Duo, you could have better performance for LESS, as well as having the system use less energy over time resulting in lower electric bills.

Have you even LOOKED at the C2D's??
E6400
E6600

The cost of even the E6600 PLUS a good aftermarket cooler would be less than the X2 5200.... and would STOMP it.

Good to see you around, Shoobie. I've been wondering where you got off to.

Nice system. And AMD is still good to go. Their quads should be AM2 when they come out next year.

Nukem said:
no reason at this point to go SLI... MORE than enough power in one to handle anything you throw at it now.. wait a while and see what happens... then decide if you want SLI or not...
Actually, there's a LOT of reason to "go SLI"...Those reasons start with AutoCAD, and end with 3DS-Max.

Trotter said:
Good to see you around, Shoobie. I've been wondering where you got off to.
Been busy. Promotion at work, new car, travel, etc, etc...

Trotter said:
Nice system. And AMD is still good to go. Their quads should be AM2 when they come out next year.
Fanboy or not, I'm sticking with the manuf. that has given me more hassel-free chips, better quality, and better innovation, over the years. And Intel is more of a "fanboy" of my wallet than my PC.

DAYUM!

I just got my case in (had to open it in the office, of course)...This sucker is SWEEET!!! Hat's off to Thermaltake for a great case design!

----------------
Case
Thermaltake Black Armor Full-Tower
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=1389579&sku=T925-2068

----------------

This case is SOLID, and is loaded with lots of cool (and useful) features, including the built-in blowhole, fully-tool-less design, water-cooling-ready, and a moveable power-button module! Check it out, it was definately worth the coin!

Got some of the other components, too...but until the rest of the system comes together, all they do is look shiny and cool. :)

n30phYte said:
Jesus. 10 5.25" drive bays. That's a hot wheels garage, not a computer case.
Case is HEAVY and HUGE...but I got a lot of drives to put in it, and desktop cases really aren't meant to be moved...Plus the steel construction is quieter than aluminumuminuminii....wii....yeah :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom