Christmas for a Kid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got one for you. put ram in proper dimm slot, inster cpu in mobo socket with arrow matching, insert graphics card in facing out of the case. There you go the most dificult part.

heatsink is toughest part... but the zalman thermal grease, it comes with a brush to easily apply evenly.

wow lovin the giude viperman, and ihave to agree DONOT buy prebuilt pcs as they are a waste of money.
i built my first pc when i was twelve and the worst thing i have done so far is put too much thermal paste on and had to clean it all off with alcahol so i didnt fry it(i had a guy i knew check the pc before first boot)

Okay bud, I was in this EXACT position just on my birthday about 4 months ago...

If you want to build one, go to a local computer store, a small one, and ask them to help you out. Don't have them build it, just ask them to help you out.

If you DON'T want to build one, in the 800 dollar range, you can get a decent Compaq. Look for one with an AMD processor, 2gb of ram, and ATI graphics. My friend has one, and he can run Doom 3 on medium graphics with a good framerate.

I think that you should do as much research as you can, and if you don't feel comfortable, then go with the Compaq, but TRY and build one, as it is much more rewarding (and inexpensive).

you could also go to your local frys to check for parts, they should have some really good deals out now because its almost christmas, just have one of the employees there help you out.. they should at least know whats compatible

I built mine at Frys, and it only cost me 30 dollars more than it would have been on Newegg, and with shipping, it was probably cheaper for me to do it at Frys.

I love Frys, but if you go there, DON'T buy any refurbished items, because at Frys, refurbished means broken, returned, and repackaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom